Chapter 18

A few weeks by. After Nicole and Bella recovered, they went back to Forks. Alice had come over a lot to help Bella and Nicole shower. Blake had been happy because Nicole wasn't able to hold him. Nicole was currently at the Cullens. The house was mostly empty. It was only Esme, Carlisle, and Nicole. The rest of them were at prom.

"Come on." Carlisle said.

"Where are we going?" Nicole asked.

"To our spot." Carlisle answered. Nicole nodded. Carlisle helped Nicole up, as she was still recovering. He lifted her onto his back. He jumped out the window and took off into the woods.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the meadow. Carlisle let Nicole down.

Nicole still thought the sight of the waterfall was breathtaking, every time she saw it. "I don't think I'll ever get used to this." She said. Carlisle chuckled. "Why did you want to come here?" Nicole asked.

"It's more private." Carlisle said.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Nicole asked.

"You know how much I care about you and Blake, right?" Carlisle asked.

"Of course." Nicole said. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I know we haven't been together for very long, but we've known each other for three years now." Carlisle said. "Even though I knew it was dangerous for you to be around me, I couldn't stay away from you."

Nicole could see where this was going. "Yes!" She said before Carlisle could finish talking.

"You know I'm old fashioned and a man of tradition." Carlisle said, chuckling. "Will you let me do this properly?"

"Sorry." Nicole said.

"I love you so much, Nicole. And I love Blake." Carlisle continued as he took a small box. "Will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

"Yes!" Nicole said.

Carlisle smiled. He put the ring on her finger and kissed her. "If you were wondering, I did get your father's blessing before asking." Carlisle said.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from a man of tradition." Nicole said, teasingly.

Carlisle chuckled. "There's one more thing." He added.

"What?" Nicole asked.

"I want you and Blake to move in with me." Carlisle said.

"Into that huge house that you and your family have?" Nicole asked.

"Actually, we have a small cottage nearby the house that the three of us can move into." Carlisle explained. "It's close enough to the main house so we can still hang out there, but it's far enough away for us to have some privacy."

"I'm good with that." Nicole said.

"Everyone has been helping to fix it up." Carlisle said. "It's not ready though, yet."

"Ok." Nicole said.

"Let's head back to the house." Carlisle said. "I'm sure Esme has dinner ready for you." Nicole nodded. Carlisle helped her onto his back. He sped off back to the house.

When they got back to the house, they headed to the kitchen. "Here you go, Nicole." Esme said as she set a plate in front of her.

"Thanks Esme." Nicole said.

"You're welcome." Esme said.

While Nicole ate, the rest of them came back from the school prom, including Bella.

"How was the dreaded dance?" Nicole asked.

"It was horrible." Bella replied.

"You enjoyed it once we were alone." Edward said.

"Fine. I enjoyed that part." Bella said. Nicole giggled.

Later that night, Nicole was in Carlisle's room. She was laying against his chest and Carlisle had his arm around her.

"I don't want to leave." Nicole said.

"Then don't." Carlisle said. Nicole looked up at him. "Blake is with your Dad and you don't have work tomorrow because it's Sunday." Carlisle continued. "So, stay the night."

"Are you ok with that?" Nicole asked.

"I wouldn't suggest it if I wasn't." Carlisle said. "Are you ok with it? You don't have to stay, if you don't want to."

"I want to stay." Nicole said.

"Alright." Carlisle said. "I'll get you some sleepwear." He got up and went over to his dresser. He handed her a t-shirt and sweatpants.

Nicole went into his bathroom, changed, and walked back out, getting back into the bed. "I love you." She said.

"I love you, too." Carlisle said.

Nicole leaned forward and kissed Carlisle. He kissed her back and they soon started making out. But, after a little bit, Carlisle pulled away.

"I'm sorry." Nicole said.

"Please don't apologize." Carlisle said. "It's my fault. Not yours."

The two got comfortable in the bed. Nicole leaned against Carlisle as she slept. And Carlisle had his arm around her, reading a book.

AN: So, I need some opinions. I have so many ideas and not sure what to go with. Originally, I had planned for Carlisle and Nicole to get married during the summer before the Cullens leave Forks. But, then I started thinking that a long engagement would be interesting. I'm also trying to decide if Carlisle should leave with his during New Moon or if he should stay. If he does leave, whether they're already married or still engaged, Carlisle will not completely Nicole. He'll still keep in touch with her. Also, Blake's father will be coming up during the summer. Please let me know what you guys think of these ideas.