Chapter 10

The next morning, Nicole woke up and climbed out of bed. She hadn't heard Blake awake, so she slipped on her slippers and quietly walked into his room. He was peacefully asleep. Nicole closed the door again, grabbed the baby monitor from her room, and headed downstairs.

As she walked into the kitchen, she saw her father reading the paper. "Morning Dad." She greeted. She started making breakfast and coffee.

"Good morning, Nicole." Charlie said. "Blake still asleep?"

"Yeah." Nicole said. "You must have tired him out yesterday."

"It was a pretty long day for him." Charlie said.

"Did he have fun?" Nicole asked. "Oh yeah." Charlie said. "It reminded me a lot of you when you were younger and I would take you fishing with me." Nicole smiled at her father. "How about you?" Charlie asked. "How was your afternoon with Dr. Cullen?"

"We had a good time." Nicole replied.

"That's good." Charlie said.

"Anything good in the paper?" Nicole asked.

"Not really." Charlie said. "Just catching up on the sports scores."

"There's a game on today, right?" Nicole asked.

"Yes." Charlie said. "I'm going up to Billy's and watch the game with him."

"Oh ok." Nicole said.

"What do you have planned for today?" Charlie asked.

"I was thinking about going up to La Push, as well." Nicole said. "Bring Blake with me and go see Emily and Sam."

"Sounds good." Charlie said. Bella came downstairs. "Morning Bells." Charlie greeted.

"Morning Dad. Nic." Bella said. "I bought doughnuts when I went grocery shopping."

"Oh well, Blake will love that." Nicole said.

"I figured." Bella said.

"Bella, Nicole and I are were going to go up to La Push." Charlie said. "Do you want to come with us?"

"Watching the game with Billy?" Bella asked.

"Yeah." Charlie replied. "Apparently, Jake's been itching to see you, again."

"So, what are you going to do?" Bella asked Nicole.

"I'm taking Blake to see some friends up there." Nicole replied.

"Sure. I'll go." Bella said. They nodded.

"Speaking of Blake." Nicole said. "I think he's awake." They could hear Blake awake on the baby monitor.

"Do you mind if I bring him down?" Bella asked.

"Sure." Nicole said. "Go ahead." She poured herself some coffee, grabbed a doughnut, and joined her father at the table.

A moment later, Bella came down with Blake. "I think he's warming up to you." Nicole said.

"I think so, too." Bella said. She set Blake in a chair while Nicole poured milk into a sippy cup and grabbed a chocolate doughnut for him.

"Here you go, little man." Nicole said, setting it in front of him.

"Yay! Doughnut!" Blake said.

"Do you want to go see Sam and Emily with Mommy today?" Nicole asked.

"And Billy and Jake?" Blake asked.

"Sure." Nicole said. "We can see them, too."

"I want another doughnut." Blake said.