Chapter 20

Nicole made her way to the reservation. When she arrived at Sam and Emily's house, Nicole picked up Blake and went up the walkway. She rang the doorbell and Emily answered it.

"Hey Nicole." She greeted and then looked at Blake. "Hi cutie."

"Hey Emily." Nicole said.

"Come on in." Emily said. Nicole walked into the house.

"Hello Nicole. Blake." Sam greeted.

"Hi Sam." Nicole said. "So, I have some news to share with you guys."

"What is it?" Sam asked.

"You know that guy I've been dating?" Nicole asked.

"Dr. Cullen." Emily said. "Yeah."

"Well, he proposed last night and we're engaged now." Nicole  said.

"That's great, Nicole." Emily said.

"Thank you." Nicole said. She then looked at Sam. "I want to ask you something."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Carlisle said he couldn't come here with me because his family isn't welcome on the reservation." Nicole explained. "Do you know anything about that?"

"I might." Sam said. "Do you know what they are?"

"I do." Nicole replied. "Do you? Carlisle said you guys did."

"Yes." Sam answered. "Did he tell you why his family isn't allowed on our land?"

"He wouldn't tell me." Nicole said. "So, I'm asking you." Sam didn't answer.

"Sam, if she already knows what the Cullens are, then what's the harm in her knowing about you guys." Emily said.

Sam sighed. "Let's talk to the elders, then." He said. "Em, can you call Harry and ask him to meet us at Billy's."

"Sure." Emily said.

"Do you mind if we walk to Billy's?" Sam asked Nicole.

"That's fine." Nicole said.

As they walked to Billy's, Blake started fussing and whining. "What's wrong, Blake?" Nicole asked.

"I want Sam." Blake said. "On his shoulders."

Sam lifted Blake up and set him on his shoulders. "Is that what you want, bud?" He asked.

"Yay!" Blake said. The three of them laughed. They knocked on the door when they got to the Black's residence and Billy answered it.

"Hey guys." Billy said. "Come on in."

The four of them walked inside.

Harry was already there. "Would you care to explain why you wanted me to come to Billy's?" He asked.

"I'm going to take Blake into the other room." Emily said, taking Blake from Sam.

"We need to tell Nicole about the legends." Sam said.

"You know you can't, Sam." Harry said.

"She's marrying that doctor." Sam said through gritted teeth.

"Calm down, Sam." Billy said. Sam calmed down.

"We might as tell her, Harry." Billy said.

"Go ahead then." Harry said. "It's your family's story."

Billy looked up at Nicole. "Certain members of our tribe have a gene that allows them to shift into a wolf." He explained. "You would probably know it as werewolves."