5. The Ones At Fault

School sucks.

Like, for real.

If I take one more exam, I'll go crazy.

This week has been especially hard for me because I'm all alone. The girls are all missing for different reasons. Mads decided to accompany her father in a business trip to 'gain knowledge for her future life' as she precisely stated, Lizzie caught the flu and Rosalind had to visit her grandparents' house for some family tradition that I can't even understand.

I'm not the most social person ever so being alone doesn't bother me a lot. The thing is that now with the absence of my friends, Ryan doesn't miss a chance to approach me. In every break, he's there, flirting with me and complimenting me as if his mildly polite actions can change his overall bad attitude.

Thank God it's Friday today.

That's what I thought as I was opening my locker to take out my Chemistry book.

"Want to try out our chemistry too?"

Damn it, it's the annoying brat again.

No, I don't. , I mentally replied to him.

I walked past him, ignoring his presence but he simply started following me as I was heading in my class.

"Do you have chemistry as well or are you just bothering me?"

"I'm not bothering you, I'm being nice and fun."

No, you're not.

He started walking closer to me until he reached my side. I still kept my cool but on the inside, I was burning.

The highlight of his show of affection was the moment he tried to intertwine our fingers. I immediately distanced myself from him and gave him an upset look.

"What are you doing?"

"What?", he played dumb.

"You went too far, Ryan."

"I was just being friendly to the girl I like."

"Can you stop saying that all the time?" He really managed to get me irritated.

"I'm just being honest."

"My fists will be honest if you don't shut your little mouth and leave her alone."

I didn't have to turn around to see whom this voice belonged to.

It was the same voice that hissed so effortlessly disrespectful words out, the voice that drove me mad the other night.

It was Hyunjin's voice.

Why is he always around when Ryan is being more of a brat than usual?

"Well, well, if this isn't Hwang Hyunjin. Came to play hero again, huh?"

"Shut up, Blake. Have some dignity and stop annoying her."

"I'm not annoying her, we're having fun."

"Are you blind? She's clearly uncomfortable." Hyunjin set me his first glance since the moments he came near to us.