Zip It

Jaden was in his room texting Jackson until he heard a knock at his door.
"Come in." He called out.
In came his Aunt.
"Oh. Hey Auntie."
"Hello my boy. I have some good news for you, well I hope you take them as good news. I got you a job at the mall at an electronics store called Tech Town." Aunt Margaret said.
"Wait really?! That's so cool. When do I start?" He asked excitedly.
"Is today after school fine?"
"Yeah. It's perfect."
"Ok. I'll let you get back to what you were doing but remember you have school in an hour."
"Yeah yeah. I won't forget." Jaden said.
Margaret left her nephew's room.
Jaden called Jackson.
"Hey guess what?"
"What?"
"I got a job at Tech Town!"
"Woah! Really when do you start?"
"Today after school."
"Okay. You know what? I'll be there to be your first customer how does that sound?"
"Cool. I'll see you at school."

■■■■■■■■■

It was after school and Jaden was at the mall in Tech Town.
He saw an employee and approached him.
"Hi. I'm looking for Scott?"
"Oh. There he is." The guy pointed at a freakishly tall brunette.
Scott has just finished interviewing someone who looks an awful lot like Bree. Jaden looked closer and saw it was in fact Bree.
"Bree?"
"Jaden! What are you doing here?"
"I'm here for my job. Are you also working here?"
"Yeah. I just got the job now."
"Cool. Atleast i have a friend at work." He said chuckling.
"Ok. I gotta go to Scott."
"Ok bye Jaden see you later."
Jaden walked to Scott and got his uniform and name tag.

A few hours later, Jaden was talking to Bree and Caitlin.
"Hello ladies and gent." Said Chase as he came in the store.
Bree went over to him along with Jaden and Caitlin.
"Chase, what are you doing here?" Bree asked him.
"I just came here to see what this Tech Town was all about. Hey Jaden. I didn't know you were working here."
"Uh, yeah. I just started today along with Bree."
"Cool cool." Chase looked around the store and said,"Nice set up. You guys have all the latest models. Except for this one." He said referring to a black tablet. "This one's last year's."
"Uh I couldn't help but overhear," Scott said appearing towards us. "I can assure you, we only have the most current models on display." Scott was smiling.
"Scott this is my brother and I can assure you that he's leaving." Bree said pushing Chase out.
Chase circled around her.
"Nope. This model's old. I mean I know the shell hasn't changed but look at that screen quality, there's no way that's glare resistant." Chase said smugly handing Scott the tablet.
"You're right. This is the old model. No one never noticed that. Caitlin!" Scott said and looked at Caitlin. Caitlin shimmied away.
"Woah! That's cool Chase. You are amazing." Jaden said amazed at Chase's ability to see the difference that no one could.
"Oh. Thanks Jaden. But it's no big deal." Chase said feeling proud of himself for impressing Jaden.
Chase smiled at Jaden and he smiled back.
"Well Chase uh, thanks for coming on down now why don't you go lecture people about the evils of sodium at the pretzel cut." Bree said.
Chase scoffed."where do you think I just came from?"
Bree grabbed Chase's arm and dragged him but Scott stopped them.
"Wait! It's probably a long shot but I'm looking for one more hire especially someone with your techspectise." Scott said laughing at his pun. I rolled my eyes.
"Well I'm glad I exceeded your techspectations." They both laughed at Chase's pun and failed at their high five/ fist pump.
"What the tech is going on?" Bree exclaimed.
"So what do you say? Any interest in working here?" Scott asked Chase.
"No. No no no. He has no interest in working here. Chase tell him you have no interest." Bree said.
Chase looked at Jaden and thought about how much he'd be spending time with him, away from Jackson.
"011100101." Chase said.
I looked at him confused
Scott laughed amused and said," he just said yes to my offer in binary code."
"Oh. Well I wonder what's binary for i hate my life." Bree commented.
"0110001-" Bree cut off Scott and Chase
"I get it!" She exclaimed.
"Welcome to the team Chase." Scott said.
"Yeah. Good to have you here Chase. Now it seems like Scott likes you so talk to him for me to get an increase on my salary, $4 an hour is not working for me. "
I whispered the last part.
Chase chuckled.

■■■■■■■■■

A few hours later, Jackson came into the store.
He walked behind Jaden and covered his eyes.
"Guess who?" He said
"The Easter Bunny? Wait no, the Tooth Fairy?" Jaden asked jokingly.
Jackson got his hands off Jaden's eyes and laughed sarcastically.
Jaden chuckled.
"You're late. I thought you said you'll be my first customer."
"Sorry."
"It's cool. Cause trust me I was horrible."
Jackson laughed.
Jaden and Jackson talked for a while.
Chase was looking at them with jealousy.
He walked over to them.
"Hey Jaden? Uhm you have to go back to work. I'm sure your boyfriend understands."
"He's not my boyfriend Chase. We're just friends."
"Yeah man. Chill out. But he's telling the truth Jaden. You have to go back to work. See you later."
Jackson left.
"What was that Chase? This isn't like you."
"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me."
"It's okay."
"But can I ask you a question?"
Jaden nodded.
"Are you really not dating Jackson?"
"Yeah. We tried the whole date thing, we just decided we were better off as friends. Don't worry, you still have a chance." Jaden winked at Chase flirtatiously and walked away.
Chase's heart skipped a beat and blushed a deep red.

■■■■■■■■■

"Great day today Tech Towners. Chase, I think you got a bright future here. Jaden, you're getting there but not really." Scott said.
"Oh no. The horror." I fake gasped.
"And Chase's sister, you left mop streaks in the ladies room." Scott said
"What were you doing in the ladies room?" Bree asked.
"Yeah Scott. That's a lil sus." Jaden commented
"You're good." Scott said to Bree.
"Oh and by the way my name is Bree."
"Really? Might wanna stick with Ming." Chase and Scott chuckled as they failed again at their fist pump/high five.
I laughed at them.
"And you guys might wanna learn how to properly high five. Like this," Bree and Jaden did a perfect high five.
"Or a fist pump." They did it slowly.
"Look closely children. It's kinda hard." Jaden and Bree chuckled while Scott and Chase glared at them.
"Alright you guys tidy up I gotta run to foot world they're holding a pair of socks for me." Scott said "Chase you're in charge until I get back." He left.
"You hear that? Just like a mission, I'm in charge." Chase said smugly while trying to lift his leg up like Scott.
Jaden rolled his eyes and went to get the vacuum.
'Where in the bloody hell is that vacuum.' Jaden thought.

■■■■■■■■■■■

"You guys are always mocking my genius, but at least here it was appreciated. And also I wanted to impress Jaden because I really like him. He's a great guy and he is the first person who could like me for me." Chase said.
"Okay fine. I get it. I guess we both needed this. But if we're gonna work together, no more bossing me around. When we're here, you're not my mission leader. We're equals."
Chase nodded and said"deal." Then they shook hands.
"And also, you finally admitted that you like Jaden! I always knew. From the moment you were jealous that Jaden and Jackson were getting close. Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because I was scared that you would tease me and mock me because I like guys."
"No. I would never. And plus, i like Jaden. He's cool."
"Okay. Thanks but please don't tell him or Adam yet."
"Okay."
Jaden came back and saw the place in a mess.
"What in the bloody hell happened here? You know what? I don't wanna know."
Then they heard Scott's voice.
"Scott's coming back. Use your super speed to clean this place up."
Bree gave Chase a look.
"Well, you know i mean if you want to, no big deal or anthing it's totally your call." Chase scoffed.
"But if you could make that call soon that'd be great."
Bree cleaned the store up in just a matter of seconds.
"Woah. Nice job." Jaden said. "How much should i pay you to clean up my house when I don't feel like it?"
"Yeah Jaden's right. But its not as neat as I would like it..." Bree almost went to mess it up but Chase stopped her.
"It's better it's better it's better. Thank you." Chase said in a rush.
Scott came back and gave Chase ice cream.
"Oh I'm sorry. I only have two hands. I couldn't carry four and I forgot about you two."
"You know what? It's fine. Bree let's go but ourselves our own ice creams." Jaden said.
"Bye Tech nerds."
"Wait. I'm coming with you guys." Chase said and gave Scott the ice cream back.
Jaden smiled at Chase and Chase put his arm around Jaden's shoulder and they went to get ice cream