Epilogue

Epilogue

October 12, 2018

The wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank took place on 12 October 2018 at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom. The bride, Princess Eugenie of York, is a member of the British royal family. The groom, Jack Brooksbank, is a British wine merchant, brand ambassador of Casamigos Tequila, and socialite. The Dean of Windsor, David Conner, officiated at the wedding using the standard Anglican church service for Holy Matrimony published in Common Worship, the liturgical text of the Church of England. Princess Eugenie was the first British princess of royal blood to marry in the Church of England since the wedding of Princess Anne and Mark Phillips 45 years before.

👑
October 15, 2018

Meghan and Harry announce pregnancy with baby due in spring

Duchess of Sussex, on tour in Australia with the duke, due to give birth early next year

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced they are expecting a baby next spring.

Kensington Palace said: "Their royal highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public."

The couple has just started a tour in Australia, where a new poll showed a slight increase in support for a republic despite the global interest in the duke and duchess's wedding in May.

The duchess has had her 12-week scan and is reported to be due in late April. She and the duke were able to tell the Queen and other family members at Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's wedding on Friday in Windsor.

The baby will be seventh in line to the throne and the Queen's tenth great-grandchild.

👑
November 21, 2020

The Duke and Duchess of Ancaster are expecting their third child

Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Ancaster are delighted to announce that The Duchess of Ancaster is expecting their third child.

The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.

👑
April 9, 2021

Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace has announced.

A statement issued by the palace just after midday spoke of the Queen's "deep sorrow" following his death at Windsor Castle on Friday morning.

The Duke of Edinburgh, the longest-serving royal consort in British history, was at the Queen's side for more than her six decades of reign.
Boris Johnson said he "inspired the lives of countless young people."

"It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband," the Palace said.

"The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss."

It is understood that the Prince of Wales travelled from his home in Gloucestershire to visit his mother at Windsor Castle on Friday afternoon.

Speaking at Downing Street, the prime minister said that the duke had "earned the affection of generations here in the United Kingdom, across the Commonwealth, and around the world".

Meanwhile, Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, said he "consistently put the interests of others ahead of his own and, in so doing, provided an outstanding example of Christian service".
Follow live: Queen's 'deep sorrow' at death of Prince Philip