10

"What's up with Ruby?" Robin asks with her mouth full of fries. "I mean, why is she giving you death glares?"

"Yeah, and it seems like Zane can't stop glancing at this table from time to time." Chloe chips in. "Is there something that we don't know about?"

"Something might have happened at Besty's yesterday." I look down at my food.

"Well, something happened," Robin mumbles. "I swear if she looks at this table one more time I'm going to stab her eyes."

"I dumped my milkshake in her." I blurt out looking up to see Zane looking at me. It was like he was studying me like I was some sophisticated piece of art. I felt jittery once again, the same way I felt yesterday.

"Earth to Anna," Chloe calls snapping out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know I have never done that before." I shrug tossing one of the fries Chloe gave me into my mouth.

"Get lost in your thought?" Robin asked slanting her head to the side a bit.

"No," I let out a soft chuckle. "I've never dumped my drink on someone before. It's classified under unacceptable table manners by my mom."

"Well, there is a first time for everything." Chloe smiles. "And I'm sure you had a good reason to do that."

"She was being so..."

"Bitchy?" Robin helped me out.

"Yeah, that, and I got tired of her bossing Macey around," I explain getting a bit angry at Ruby again. "I guess I just snapped."

"But that doesn't explain why Zane's looking at you so intensely," Robin says taking another glance at Zane.

I feel my face heat up again. "I don't know why he looks at me like that."

"Something is going on between you two, isn't there," Chloe asks narrowing her eyes at me.

"Not exactly." I look back down. "Besides, he doesn't care what happens to me; to him, I'm just some source of entertainment."

"Oh, darling we warned you didn't we." She reaches out her hand and takes mine. "He just so...vile."

"How about we have a sleepover at your house tomorrow," Chloe suggests dropping her sandwich. "We can watch movies and you can tell us all about this drama between you and Zane."

"I don't know my mother-"

"Can stuff her face with her nasty attitude." Robin cuts me. "And you can also invite Macey I'm sure she will love to have a sleepover."

"I guess I can do that." I let out a toothy grin.

Just as Chloe was about to say something, the bell went off. I started to gather my things for my next free period. I was thinking I could get some homework done. 

"I'll meet you guys after school?" I ask standing up from my seat.

"Yeah." Robin smiled and I headed out of the cafeteria.

Just as I was about to pass by the janitor's closet, I felt some strong arm pull me inside.

"What in the world is wrong with you!" I exclaim turning to see the person that dragged me in here. I felt my stomach sink the moment I set my eyes on him.

"What do you want?" I ask feeling a bit confident.

He doesn't say anything but has the same look on his face as when he was staring at me a few minutes ago.  And because of that, I felt my cheeks redden.