11

"I've seen your house in newspapers and shit but I never thought it would be this big up close," Robin exclaims walking through the hallways.

"This's a freaking mansion," Macey whispers admiring my mother's collection of figurines. "Pretty."

"I've never slept in someone else's house before," I admit as I guide them to my bedroom. They look around in awe at the unnecessary size of it.

"Why do I have a feeling your mother is the reason behind that." Chloe smiled dropping her backpack before jumping to my bed. "I'd totally kill for a bed this soft."

The rest of the girls join her and start a random pillow fight. As stupid as it sounds I felt like a sleepover scene from a random movie came to life. There was a pillow fight in my room on my bed with my friends. This was the closest thing to freedom I've ever got. Not once in my life did my mother allow me to invite people over-not that I had anyone to invite- talk more about them sleeping over.

"Oh my gosh!" Chloe squeals climbing down the bed. "Is that your closet?"

"I guess so," I reply as we both walk into the closet. I had everything arranged by color. All my shirts were separated by color or pattern and so were my skirts and dresses. I had my nightgowns hung up randomly and that's because I told Mother that arranging them is not needed.

"We have a new addition to your amazing closet of clothes." Robin walks in hiding something behind her back. 

"What's that you got behind you?" I ask dropping a hair ruffle I didn't even know I was holding.

"After the whole fiasco with your mom in the mall," Chloe states and brought the shopping bag in front of her. "We really love those pairs on you so we decided to get them for you."

I felt something flutter in my stomach. It felt like excitement but I can't just explain it. I slowly opened the bag to reveal a nice denim pair of jeans  "This is too much."

"Nah, it's not even up to a quarter of the price you spend on those outfits." Robin points out glancing at some of my dresses.

"What I mean is thank you" I correct myself. "You can have it, I've never worn it," I say to Robin whose eyes seem to be fixed on the dress.

"What?" She steps back looking at me. "I mean it's a nice dress but I would never take that expensive outfit from you."

"I don't need half of the clothes in my wardrobe and don't like the fact my mother throws out the old ones so," I said pulling out a few bags from a drawer. "Knock yourselves out."

"Your kidding?" Chloe says taking a bag from me and walking past me.

"This is like going to the first floor of the mall," Robin whispers. "I've never entered a shop on that floor, have you?"

"Nope, never in my life," Chloe giggles back.

"That was really nice of you," Macey smiles standing beside me. "I would help myself out but my closet is full at the moment."

"My mother is going to freak out when she finds out I did this," I say internally panicking at what I just did. What was I thinking?

"That's the aim right?" Macey asks walking out of the closet to the main bedroom. "Rile her up and get your freedom."

"I don't know." I tilt my head to the side. "I never thought of getting her annoyed by my actions. I just wanted to be treated like any other teenager before I never get the chance."

"You mean actual fun?" She asked picking up a compact mirror from my table and looking up at me. "I mean we can do that plus rile mother dearest at the same time."