14

I sit at a booth at Besty and wait for Ruby to show up. I really hope she shows up cause I had to convince Mother for hours to let me show up and also because it will mean she doesn't hate me that much. I mean I don't already like the fact that Zane thinks that I'm a daddy princess and I don't need Ruby thinking I'm a spoilt rich bitch.

I look down at my phone to check the time. It's nine-fifty-nine. I start to trace the corners of my phone. It wasn't hard to replace, I just hope she doesn't break this one. My family may be rich but that doesn't mean I have to waste money.

I hear the bell ring and see Ruby, Zane and their friend walk in. I didn't think she'll actually come, I mean I wanted her to come but not with Zane and her other friend. They stop at another booth and Ruby leaves them and heads towards me.

"Hey," I smile removing my phone from her reach. "I'm glad you came."

"Yeah, whatever." She mutters as sits opposite. "Let's get this shit over already."

I start bringing out the binder I made for the project a few nights ago. "I want to apologize for the way I treated you yesterday. It was uncalled for and I'm sorry."

She looks up from her phone at me "Wha-"

"And I'm also sorry for pouring my milkshake at you the other day." I blurt out before she can say anything mean again. "That was also uncalled for."

"Wow,"  She breathes out. "Um, just because you apologize doesn't mean we are friends. But thanks whatever." 

I smile pushing the binder closer to her, but this just makes her look more annoyed.

"Why are you smiling?" She asks in an annoyed tone. "I'm not going to apologize for shit."

"I didn't ask you to and I don't expect you to either," I say as I open up the binder. "Anyway, this is what we have done so far and the assignment needed on Monday would be our thesis statement and why we chose it. I came up with a few and they are highlighted. You just pick or add any then we pi-"

"We don't need this much shit for the project." She pushes the binder aside dropping her phone on the table. "I may look like an airhead but I know my shit and I've done this shit."

"I didn't say you were one," I say defensively not wanting to offend her at all. "These are just the result of the research I've done this week. These are all possible theses from past research done-"

"God, didn't you do this type of shit in your rich girl school?"

"I was homeschooled so this is all new to me," I confess looking down at the table.

"Shit," She says and leans back into her chair. "You've never been to any form of school in your life?" 

I look up and shake my head no. "Lucky bitch!"

I shrug my shoulders arranging my binder and papers. "That's what people say but I don't see how I'm lucky."

"You don't have to deal with judgemental dumb bitches and asshole pricks." She sighs taking a fry of my plate and tossing it into her mouth. 

"I get judged wherever I go," I whisper looking at my fingernail. "I mean one look at me and people automatically think I'm an entitled rich girl or a spoilt daddy princess. And I'm not that I just want to be treated normally and not have to worry how my action may reflect back on my parent."

"Damn, your life seems tough for a rich girl." She mocks taking another fry into her mouth. "But hey, people look at me and think I'm just a bitch from the broke part of town. I mean I am but still, I don't like people treating me like a bitch when I didn't do shit."