Chapter Four | Chocolate and Connections

I want you all to myself
Nothing at all, I can't help it
'Cause what you got on is fly as hell, but I need a better view
Just show me the real you

Song - Private Show by T.I feat. Chris Brown

Pulling up to the old but fancy looking house, Elora's jaw drops which causes me to chuckle

Pulling up to the old but fancy looking house, Elora's jaw drops which causes me to chuckle. A girl like Elora saw big stacks of money come in like it was nothing but yet her eyes gleamed at the sight of the mansion.

A mansion that once belonged to my grandma on my mom's side before she had everything she knew stripped away from her. Coming back to this house made me feel safe and close to her.

The odd stare of an older gentleman was the cause of my discomfort and the reasoning behind my decision to take Elora out of that bar. The man could've just had a staring problem but I decided to take the more safe route.

And maybe the curly headed blondie that was eyeing her also had something to do with it.

"After you." I say while holding the entrance door open.

"Well thank you kind sir." Elora played along.

Elora makes her way to the sliding doors. Staring at the way the moonlight shines its light and makes the ocean much more beautiful.

With two glasses of wine in my hands, I made a gesture with my eyes. That was an invitation for her to sit on the couch with me.

"Are you trying to get me drunk Mr.Moreno?" she reached for the glass handed to her.

This might come off as a forward and a sometimes awkward question for some but I wasn't at all shocked by her question. The men she most likely saw at work were the same men that attempted to slip unknown substances into her or her coworkers' drinks. Even though her tone was playful, I knew that she had her doubts about being here. After all, who am I for her to not assume I was like the rest of them.

Hurting her was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

"That's never my intention. Just wanted to share a glass of wine with a pretty lady" I responded. "Do whatever you feel is comfortable."

She stared as the wine in her glass moved back and forth. Something was clearly on her mind.

"What's going on in that mind of yours?" I thought.

"Is that tanzanite?." Her voice shake me out of my thoughts. Pointing to a vase in the corner. I nod. She reaches and traces her fingers around it.

"My mother loved tanzanite." She recalls. The way she mentioned her mother indicated that she was no longer with her. "Don't worry she didn't pass. Well actually I don't know that for sure. I remember her smile everytime Enzo brought jewelry made out of this stuff."Her eyes never left the vase.