Chapter Nine | All We Need Is Time

Maybe I'm a fool
Maybe I'm a fool for you

Song - Cherry Hill by Russ

"How did she even plant that mic if it was her? We had our eyes on her the whole time

"How did she even plant that mic if it was her? We had our eyes on her the whole time." Elora says before taking a spoonful of frozen yogurt into her mouth.  It's been two days since we discovered that mic and none of us can figure out how it managed to slip under our bed.

"What if it was one of those cleaning people?"

"So cute." I could have sworn that is what I heard Aiden mutter after that question left Marco's lips.

"You mean housekeepers?" Marco looks  annoyed at Aiden's correction and mutters a 'Yeah. Whatever.'

Was he blushing?

I look over at Elora to see if she caught that. Her smirk confirmed that she saw what I saw.

"So as I was saying." Marco continues. "I read a news article before that talked about housekeepers." Marco paused and made sure to emphasize the word housekeepers while looking in Aiden's direction. "planting mics as well as cameras into guests rooms. I forgot what their reasoning was but does it matter? Nothing justifies that weird shit."

The thought of other people listening to the stuff that we were talking about builds worry in my stomach. If what Marco is saying is true, how do we stop the truth about us and why we are here from being revealed?

"No. I don't think so." Aiden looks into his already empty frozen yogurt cup before looking at Marco. "That's way too obvious. Everyone knows that when something is off with a hotel room, the housekeeper is the first one to be blamed. They would be the first suspects."

"It's easier to get in because they are the housekeeper. Every time they are seen inside a room, people would just think they are cleaning. It's happened before." Marco's reasoning made sense. It does seem more likely that someone who has easy access to our room would do something like that.

Elora stands up and goes to throw away her empty yogurt cup. When she walks back to our table, she places a hand on her lower belly. Her face tenses and she looks like she is trying to control her breathing.

"Are you okay?" Pretty dumb of myself to ask that question but I don't know what else to say or do.

She doesn't answer my question. Instead, she says, "I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be quick." I silently nod and she walks towards the bathrooms which were  across the food court.

"So." Marco says, still eating his yogurt. "This girl that you guys supposedly had a three way with. Did you know her before that night?" It's silent for a couple of seconds before Aiden gives him an annoyed look. Marco shrugs his shoulders and mutters a 'What?'.

"I mean, I'm just asking because it's not unnatural for some people to sleep with people they met at a club. I've done it before." Marco says unapologetically.