In The Shadow of Death { Through The Valley: Epilogue}

Said, I walk beside the still waters, and they restore my soul...

She drowned her anger. 

Bronwyn had enough blood on her hands. It still kept her awake at night. The strength she had been blessed with— the same her brother before her harbored with a careful hand— had taken a life when she was hardly 10, and she knew it wouldn't be hard to do it again. Just a little bit more pressure. A slightly harsher movement.

Death haunted her like a shadow, and she was determined to master ignoring it. 

She turned the boiling rage into kindness. She bit the inside of her cheek when those gruesome worms found their ways back into her brain. She buried them in baked goods and lullabies. She drowned them in the very thing that restored her.

Besides, if Victor knew about the itch at her fingertips... the way he would have looked at her would have torn Bronwyn to shreds.

She didn't play guitar anymore, either. The noise brought the idea of homicide back like a tidal wave. It made her sick. It sat abandoned in the corner of her room, beside a plant she kept alive so it would grow over it. Large green leaves heavy with life draped over the brown, aged wood of something ruined by death.

If Jacob Portman had explored any of the other rooms, he would have found it, laying in the corner. Untouched by time, the vines of a long overgrown plant protecting it from sun and rain. If he had continued down the hall, if he had found the once locked door thrown off it's frame by the blast....

He would have found a skeleton neatly tucked into bed. As if he had just gone to sleep.

...But I can't walk the path of the right, because I'm wrong.