To Live The Greatest Life- { Pirate/The Sea Beast AU}

because guess whos obsessed with yet another childrens film about sea monsters and kinda-sorta-not-really-pirates!!! im literally a high school senior!!!

also this is here mostly to break up enoch content lolz (hes still a menace here dont worry )

also apologies this is very long lol//

So sing the Hunter's praises, wherever men draw breath!

There was a time where sea beasts— wights and hollowgast by name— ravaged our shores. There was a time where no one dared to sail the seas, where the deep blue was best left untouched and inland was the only place safe from the beasts. There was a time where fear was all to be known.

That time is no more.

Abraham Portman, the legendary captain of The Mayflower Atlantis, changed everything. He took his ship and his crew out farther than ever before, carving a path to the future by lance and pistol and bloody spite. He was the greatest man to ever sail the sea.

But now, there's only one ship a wight should truly and honestly fear. One ship so inevitable, so undeniable, with a belly full of bones and a hull made of skin, that only a fool wouldn't run for the hills just by the sight of it.

The Falcon's Revenge.

Captain Alma Peregrine isn't the kind of woman anyone tussles with in their right mind. Out of all the captains on the great seas, she's got the most blood on her hands, the most sea beast skulls under her belt. 

Her first mate Emma Bloom is as skilled with a gun as she is with her words.

The Quartermaster, Bronwyn Bruntley, is said to have fists made of iron. She's got more scars than anyone's dared to get close enough to count, and a glare to rival the sun.

Sailing Master Millard Nullings has a booming voice, the kind that silences rooms, yet is rumored to disappear like a ghost to the sea.

The Gunner trio— Horace Somnusson, Hugh Apiston, and Fiona Frauenfeld— are said to be some of the best to ever sail. With impeccable aim and speed atop terrifying appearances! And the Master Gunner, Enoch O'Connor, watches over them with the same accuracy, with spear and firearm alike.

The crew's "Powder Monkeys"— though only in name— are Claire Densmore and Olive Abroholos-Elephanta, and apparently they harbor the same aged glare as their crewmates.

The Falcon's Revenge is rumored to be crewed by the best to ever sail. The best to ever live. They're a weapon against nature's deadliest design.

And I, Jacob Portman, am going to join them. 

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

The Falcon's Revenge arrived this morning. The crowd was thicker than fog, packing the streets from the edge of the docks to the hills beyond. I shoved my way through, clutching my satchel to my chest and ducking around men twice— thrice— my size. And yet, there it was.

The ship I've spent so long admiring from a distance, only a few meters away from me. And she was gorgeous

Made of dark, scarred wood, The Falcon's Revenge was an impressive sight even without its reputation. The figurehead was that of a sea beast— the wooden creature had its head tilted back, wild tongues lashing at the sky and wrapped around the bow. The masts all held crimson-red sails, embroidered with the silhouette of a peregrine falcon.