Night and Day { Movie!Enoch x Reader}

i literally never ever write for movie enoch so apologies if this is kinda wonky lol!

this is set in the late 80s/possibly early 90s mainly so i can sneak in horror movie refs (cuz guess who just watched Hereditary + Midsommer and is now in love with Ari Aster's directing and also back on their horror fan bullshit!!!) and also is based on Night and Day by Everything But The Girl + come out and play by Billie Eilish (shes one of my top 5 artists somehow?? i dont even listen to her that often????)

a request for the darling @chicken_strips21 //

Y/N was having a terrible, no good, very bad day.

They could have sworn their body was out to kill them or something, judging by the pain blooming in their abdomen. Whatever they had eaten was here for one thing and one thing alone— attempted homicide.

Correction. Possibly successful homicide. 

They had spent a majority of the day curled up in the fetal position on their bed, muttering to themself and freaking poor, skittish Olive out. Sweet Olive had brought them tea and Bronwyn had left her favorite toys ( including the creepy wooden one with a scratched paint job) at the foot of their bed, and Emma had fanned them with her ever-cold breath when they ended up insufferably hot. 

Miss Peregrine was already as sick of their complaining as they were of being sick.

" I'm quite literally fine," they had muttered at the peak of their stomach-ache induced delirium, earning themself a heavy sigh from the headmistress. 

" No, my dear, no, you are not." Miss Peregrine had said, with the back of her hand pressed against their forehead. " You've thrown up twice in the last hour, Miss Bloom tells me."

" Miss Bloom lies."

" Now, you know just as well as I do, Miss Bloom is about as capable of lying as she is at keeping her bare feet on the ground. It's simply not something she can do with any hint of success, now is it?" 

Y/N groaned. Miss Peregrine smiled gently. 

" I'll be back in a few hours to check your temperature again. Please try not to throw up on your sheets. I just washed them last weekend."

" Take Bronwyn's freaky wooden pal with you when you leave."

Miss Peregrine left. She did not take Bronwyn's freaky wooden pal with her.

Less than an hour later, Enoch O'Connor— the resident deadriser, who was nothing but 5-foot-11 of pure, unbridled spite and formaldehyde— was leaning in their doorway. He, per usual, did not look interested in offering any kind of assistance, and instead seemed to be thinking of insults.

" Go away," Y/N mumbled from where they laid, buried under a mountain of blankets, most of which did not belong to them.

" You look like hell." Enoch remarked halfheartedly, picking at lint on his sweater sleeve.

" Feel like it too, if that's any consolation."

" Personally, I consider it downright hilarious. A real tearjerker. The utter peak of comedy, if you will."

" Of course you do."

Enoch crossed the room to their nightstand, picking up one of the untouched cups of tea and taking a sip. His expression soured.

" How long has this been here?" He gagged.

" I'm not sure," Y/N said, " How long have you been an insufferable and twice as unhelpful ass?"