I Want You { Emma Bloom & Abraham Portman}

quick, super short blurb for them because abe (derogatory)//

I found you, I found the door
But when I stepped through, there was no floor...

Emma understood that need to run away.
She knew it well. It boiled under her skin every single night, while the clocks ticked on and on in the hall, while Bronwyn tossed and turned in her sleep. It was a hibernating beast, waiting for the winter to end. She had tamed it, groomed it to perfection, trained it into silence.
An animal should know when it's beat. She supposed that's why no man could ever call her inhumane. Emma didn't know when to quit. 
She argued with Abe every night, begged him to remain. To forget about the war effort, to stay where it was safe. Stay, she sobbed into his shirt every time. Don't leave me here, please. Stay.
He was starting to avoid her.
Miss. Peregrine wouldn't tell him to wait. She told him, the very first night he asked, the very thing Emma had been dreading since the beginning.
" A loop is not a permanent place, Mr. Portman. I just hope you'll write."
Emma had stormed off, her nails digging into her palms and tears burning deep in her eyes. Why couldn't he do the same? Why wouldn't he stay? 
She knew what the others were whispering behind her back. How she was falling apart, loosing her temper more often. How she was obsessed. In love. Something stupid and it was making her unstable, it was shaking the foundations she so carefully built over the years. She wanted to scream. That primordial instinct was climbing its way up her throat, it was tearing her apart from the inside out.
If only he would stay.
She just needed him to stay.

...You're coming back, and it's the end of the world,
We're staring over and I love you, darling, and I am done, dear.