Chapter 1: Modern era

Note: I do not know China's geography

In the mountainous regions of Sichuan, a pair of husbands who have just exited closed cultivation, came out of secret realm called Huoli(活力) secret realm which they have stayed for 2000 years.

"Ahh, finally we have our own progeny!" Baili Feng cheered as he stretched his body. "And finally we are out from that damned boring place!" He turned to Yin Mu behind him and pulled Yin Mu's sleeves and whined. "Hey, hey. Let me see the Heaven and Earth Life Creation egg! It's been soo long that you held it, so it's my turn to supply qi."

Yin Mu rolled his eyes, but a doting look can be seen from his face. He gave the giant egg (which was the size of a newborn baby) that he was holding towards Baili Feng and said, "You take care of it, I'm gonna find a mortal to check what has happened in this 2000 years. The qi concentration seems does not feel right."

Baili Feng nodded his head obediently and said, "Go, go." As if trying to shoo Yin Mu away. Then as if remembering something, Baili Feng earnestly said, "Wait, give me the candy dan that you made. For safekeeping." In his stomach, that is. Baili Feng secretly thought. It's not his fault that the dan pills that his partner makes are so tasty that he could not resist to finish it all up. Although the dan pills do not increase his cultivation, it has no side effect anyway. Furthermore, is useful to replenish his qi, so why not?

Yin Mu lightly snorted with laughter in his eyes. He teased Baili Feng while crossing his arm and tilting his head a little, "Then little gourmet, how much would you want today."

Baili Feng ignored that tease from Yin Mu by putting on a straight face and said after contemplating for a while, "20 should be enough." If those cultivators of this era heard his words they would be spitting out blood. 20 is enough!? These 20 pills would have been enough to cultivate a golden core cultivator in a years time!!! Unfortunately, unless those people have a peak nascent soul with them, if they tried to digest the dan pill on their own, it would be no different from suicide.

Yin Mu took out two jade bottles from his space and pass it to Baili Feng. He then pat Baili Feng's head while warning, "Set a formation here, least those annoying demigods of the Li Family find us."

There was no choice, their twin turtle pair in the cultivation world 2000 years ago was infamous for their feud to the Li Family. Mostly because Baili Feng had an enmity with the youngest son of the head of the Li Family for trying to kill his multiple times. So once those two got into demigod stage any chances that they had to steal the Li Family treasures, they would do so.

Their tactic usually was, trap the Li Family in a formation made by Baili Feng then steal the treasure that Li Family obtained. After that, keep up the formation running by using pills to replenish their own qi while Baili Feng made a teleportation formation. The formations that Baili Feng specializes in are formations which have high effectiveness but consumes a lot of qi. So even if the all the demigods in Li Family came to break the formation, there is no use.

However, the qi consumption really makes large families to be unable to bear. Only these two people who found the Huoli secret realm in their early days can cater to that rate of dan pill consumption. Furthermore, they are not like those large families where resources had to be shared, so it was obvious who would win during a small clash of endurance.

As for why they stayed in Huoli secret realm for so long, Baili Feng express that he was eating vinegar each time he sees mortal families with kids. So they took the time to make one using the Heaven and Earth egg that they stole from the Li Family.

However, they didn't know how to hasten the time needed for the egg to hatch. The only thing that they knew as loose cultivators that graduated from Tian Lei Cultivator Collage was that they each had to drip a drop of blood to the egg so the baby hatched from it would have their bloodline. Furthermore, any disturbance when sending qi to the egg is not tolerated as it would cause the whole process fail. So they started the process blind and ended up staying in the secret realm, in which Baili Feng dubbed as their base, for about 2000 years!

So, if the Li Family wants to steal it back, they would need to mobilize almost their whole family to find them. Then again, the Li Family will not be so stupid to leave their domain unguarded by demigods.

Estimating the time, Baili Feng is quite certain that the youngest son of the Li Family should have been dead for at least a thousand years now. That brat had been stuck at the early Deity transformation stage the last time they saw him, unable to ascend to the next level.

As for Baili Feng and Yin Mu, well, they were mid Demigod level when they were stuck in the secret realm for 2000 years and was now late stage Demigod stage.

As the evening sun began to sat, Baili Feng, who laid down on the grass with with the egg, habitually sent qi into the egg continuously. Feeling the pleasant minute changes in the spiritual currents in the air which feels like the wind, he smiles as the enjoyed the pleasant feeling of being in the presence of nature instead of a constant unfluctuating qi of the secret realm. He then unconsciously entered a half meditative, half awake state. This continued until it was dawn and Yin Mu came back.

Looking at the relaxed and unguarded state of Baili Feng, Yin Mu showed a look filled with love towards Baili Feng. Yin Mu decided to tell Baili Feng about his findings only after he wakes up. Thinking this, Yin Mu laid down next to Baili Feng and hugged him gently from behind, careful not to wake him up. As he entwined their bodies tightly, he slowly sent his qi into Baili Feng, of which Baili Feng habitually sends a small strand of qi back to him. The previous cultivation state of Baili Feng now consist of another person, causing the both of them to enter a semi-dual cultivation state.

By the time they woke up, it's was already a week later.

Word count: 1130 words