Chapter 12: Dungeon Break

I have exams tomorrow and I'm writing this. Yay me. Procrastination is an old friend of mine.

Or enemy, depending on how one sees it. It's stuck like dog plaster and I seem to perform better with it. Which seems counterintuitive. But hey, not complaining.

Since the day Sunguk had been contracted to the Hunter's Association, Yin Feng who finally had a friend that he could talk about his cultivation related stuff! And so, almost every weekend, Yin Feng would drag Sunguk from his house to Yin Feng's home.

As the two got to know each other better, they felt that some topics were better to be ignored and unsaid. For example, the precious ice jade which was made into a table was normal for Yin Feng.

Sunguk on the other hand recommended that they used a normal table and chairs and refrain from using the jade tables every time he visits. Yes, tables! Yin Feng had multiple different jade tables! All of which looking smooth and some of them had patterns on it which looks as if there were liquids within the jade. He even had the illusion that these patterns were moving.

Yin Feng kindly informed him when he asked about the patterns on flame spirit jade, that the patterns were indeed moving due to the qi which flows within it. Yin Feng even added that he could make the patterns flow faster if Sunguk wants and gave a live demonstration.

Sunguk stopped asking about the jades ever since that day.

It was terrible! Absolutely terrible! The patterns flowed soo chaotically that it looked like flowing lava was about the break out of the flame spirit jade!!!

Yin Feng even had the gall to remark excitedly that if the table broke, then the area of a few kilometers would be razed due to the amount of spiritual energy within it!

Hearing this, Kim Sunguk took a step back and opted to huddled quietly at the corner of the room until Yin Feng kindly informed him that there was no way that anyone below peak nascent soul could do anything to the jade.

Kim Sunguk heaved a sign of relief.

Until Yin Feng unnecessarily added that there was absolutely no problem unless his parents decided to break the table.

"..." The corner was fine. He's rather fond of the corner of the room.

Even if Yin Feng had consoled him that his fathers will be able to contain the explosion and it will not cause any further damages than the table, Sunguk still felt that the corner was safer until Yin Feng agrees to use normal tables and chairs.

__________________________

Yin Feng is now 6 years old! Sunguk was 2 years older that Yin Feng so he was now 8. They were both in grade 2 now and the whole schooling year of grade 1 was uneventful except the little discovery of one Kim Sunguk.

Yin Feng was happy. He loves the calm peacefulness that came with Sunguk blocking most of his classmates advances in making friends with him. Yin Feng's simple mind determined that Sunguk was a very good friend, and decided to give him a protective amulet that he made. It has a range of 5 meters which should be enough to hold most if not all of his family members anyway in the case of any emergencies. So Yin Feng didn't increase the protective area size any more than that.

The defense amulet can also sustain for around 3 days, which should be more than enough time for Sunguk to be rescued. The amulet can also be easily carried around as it integrates into it's owners body for convenience and the only sign of the amulet was an invisible tattoo that could only appear when a specific spiritual energy is used or if it was activated.