~4~

(Please comment, guys! I enjoy reading them!)

~Niall Horan~

   "H-hi," I hear from in front of me. Maddy now faces me and I see the tears lingering in her eyes.

   "Hi," I reply, my voice shaky. I take in her features. Her brown hair rests on her shoulders in neat waves.

   "Niall, right?" She bites her lip, probably hoping she didn't get my name wrong. I smile, nodding. "I'm Mad-"

   "Madeline Payne. You don't have to introduce yourself," I state, "I know who you are." As I speak my last words, I wish I could have stopped myself. I sound like some crazy stalker. She eyes me suspiciously. "I didn't mean it like that," I correct. She laughs quietly.

   She looks at the teacher then says, "Yeah, I guessed." She seems amused. I feel my cheeks flush as my blood runs into my cheeks quickly. "I-I was wondering if you wanted to see-"

   "Hey, babe," Zayn says, kissing Maddy on the cheek. She glares, tears once again forming in her eyes. I want to pull him away from her and punch him. Maddy is my girl. Wait, she doesn't belong to me. Even if we were dating, she wouldn't be mine.

   "Mr. Malik," the teacher orders, "Please sit down." He looks at him in fury, then turns to Maddy, roughly kissing her cheek.

   "We still seeing that movie tonight?" He asks her. She thinks about it before weakly nodding. Zayn smirks and heads to his seat.

   "Can I ask you something?" I question. She nods. "I apologize if I sound rude or am out of line, but why do you give in to him?" She weakly smiles, glancing at Zayn.

   She turns back to me and replies, "He's Liam's best friend. I can't let my brother down." That makes sense. Liam wants one thing on a normal basis, control. He wants everyone around him to live life the way he wants them to. For me, it's in pain and torture. For Zayn and Madeline, Liam wants them together, forever.

   "But, didn't you break up?" I question, just wanting to put her situation in my mind clearly. She nods, looking at the ground. I look at Maddy in confusion.

   She sighs before answering, "That's what I thought." The bell rings and Zayn engulfs Madeline in an embrace. That marks the end of our conversation.

   "Bye," I say, but she is already gone.
----------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy! My next update might be next Sunday (like usual) or as soon as I get another chapter fixed!

Please comment and vote!

Question: What character do you despise most and why?

Please ask me any questions regarding the book or myself! I'll be happy to answer!

Hope you enjoyed!

maddy