~12~

Before I start, I'd like to ask if you could check out my Twitter, 8MaddyElizabeth ! I might post some sneak peeks if that's what you guys would like! Also, please comment as much as possible! I love comments and maybe dedications will come to those who do?

~Niall Horan~

I lie limp, my body resting against the wooden wall, chains around my wrists connecting to the same wall. A thin layer of my blood surrounds the restraints. The blood is from my many escape attempts.

I would try to get out, but I am weak, tired. I have accepted the fact that I am stuck.

"Look what you're life has come to, Niall," I whisper in self-pity. Tears begin to run down my cheeks.

I probably look like death now. With the tears running down my face and the bruises and cuts that I have received, I can't look good. I don't know how far I am from death, but I know that I'm not as strong as I need to be to survive.

"God," I sob, "Please help me. Help me get out... Just help me stay strong." I close my eyes, hoping that my prayers will be answered. I know that as long as my faith in Him stays strong, He will help me survive this torture. I know that I might die, but if I do, I will live in a kingdom without struggle with the one that I have given my heart to, God.

Chills soon rush over me and my sobs are quieted. The cold of what I believe is night enters the poorly built attic.

Somewhere in the distance a high pitched call rings out—a wolf. He calls out to his love, the one that he will never meet. He calls out to the moon and receives the wind's whistle.

When I was small, I would look at the moon and all of those movies involving wolves and hoped and prayed that I would become one. It's just one of those childish wishes that could never come true, but I told myself that it would. At night, I'd look out my open window and attempt to howl at my love; the love that I would never reach.

Part of me still loves my father and I just want him to love me again, but that is a love that will never be a reality.

I'm bound to die. I will die.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts of self-pity. I look down through the small hole in the boards that I recall being put there when my dad's shotgun misfired when I was small. It clearly allows me to see the front door, an entrance not used often. My father, knowing that I can see, looks up at me and finds my eye. He brings a finger up to his lips before opening the door.

"Hello, Lee. I brought you some cookies!" I hear a girl say. That voice is just a little too familiar for my liking. Madeline Payne. What is she doing here? My heart begins to beat faster as scenarios form in my head.

"Thank you," My father says, opening the door wider to allow the girl to step in. She steps into my line of vision. The girl that I have had a crush on for as long as I can remember is here...just a floor under me. Her hair flows in a beautiful wave and she wears an oversized gray sweater.

I try to stop myself from expressing my opinion, but the words come a little too quickly. I breathe, "Beautiful." I gasp, once again mentally slapping myself, as Maddy's eyes meet mine. Oh, her beautiful eyes; chocolaty brown orbs that seem to glow against her pale complexion.

"Niall!" She exclaims in shock, throwing her hands over her mouth. Madeline stands frozen, her mind not able to comprehend as quickly as usual. I catch tears in her eyes.

I sit frozen, terrified of what is to come. What will my father do?

The questions seem to slow down time much to my dismay.

"Maddy, run!" I shout in terror, my voice raspy from lack of water. Madeline's eyes fill with fear. I watch her turn to run.

My fathers voice makes her freeze, "Move and I'll put a bullet in your head."
------------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short. This chapter wasn't really one I could get into easily so I had trouble writing it! I'll try to write more next chapter!

I couldn't help but update before school! The next chapter may not be for a while because I need to get ahead with my writing! Hope you enjoy!

Thanks

maddy