Omashu

(y/n) pov:

I stayed silent pushing back my sadness while Sokka, Aang and Katara talked about where we would go next. I couldn't trust my words to come out the way I wanted them to. I was horrified.

Just months ago it was a happy thriving city and now it was painted with fire nation insignias, while choking smoke pouring from the disgusting machinery. My breaths were sporadic and panicky.

"(Y/n) are you ok" Katara asked placing her hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah I'm fine" I said forcing a smile on my face.

"Are you sure" she asked again with a caring glance, I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah yeah lets go kick some butt and get your teacher Aang" I said continuing to push my feelings down.

"Ok I've got a secret entry we can get in with" Aang said leading us down to a sewer pipe. I scrunched up my nose. "Why didn't we use it secret entry last time" Sokka said as Aang pried open the metal with his staff. A gush of septic goo poured out of the pipeline. It had a not so subtle smell of piss and shit.

"Lets just go" I said holding my nose. We started walking forwards into the dark tunnel. I made a promise to myself to not go in anymore more tunnels, no more spooky love caves, sewers, none.

Aang air bent the goop away from him, followed by Katara, water bending it away and me hiding behind Sokka hoping he would take the bulk of it, even if I got some on my legs and the bottom of my skirt it was better then Sokka who was covered from head to toe.

We kept walking before coming to a sharp incline up, Aang was the first to climb up pushing a manhole to let him up onto the streets of Omashu.

We all followed up. I stood up straight up stretching my back , I noticed a fair amount of the goop had fallen on my shoulders. Katara splashed Sokka and I with her water, then Aang fanned a wave of air at us.

I stood still, my hair going in every direction while sokka screamed trying to pull off these cute little purple pentapi off his arms and face.

Aang eventually calmed him down by scratching the little cutie on the head in the process getting it to drop off of Sokka's skin leaving little spots made by its suckers.

"Oh what a little cutie, they don't have these back at- my home" I said stuttering slightly, holding one of the invertebrates. "Eh I think their creepy" sokka said grimacing at the little creature.

"Hey! What are you kids doing out past curfew" a solider yelled behind us. We all turned around with fake smiles. Aang his behind us, fashioning a turban to cover his tattoos.

"We were just heading home sir" Katara said grabbing our shoulders and turning around towards the more suburban areas.

"Hey! what's wrong with that one" one of the soldier's said pointing to the several spots on Sokka's face and arms.

"Uh he has pentapox sir" I said moving my hands that held the pentapus behind my back. "Pentapox? I think I've heard of that" another said rubbing his chin. I nudged Sokka, trying to tell him to act sick.

"Uh yes it's deadly, very deadly and contagious" Katara said nodding her head. I nodded with her. Sokka started coughing and moaning sickly.

"Yeah didn't your brother die from it?" the soldier said with a horrified face. They ran off yelling about burning their clothes and scrubbing themselves red. We all took a sigh of relief.

We started walking along the mail routes, slim tunnels were dug in every few meters apart from another, from what I had been told they send little carts down by earth bending, it was truly fascinating.

A barrage of boulders came down the shoot, Aang quickly swept the rocks out of the way. "The resistance!" A female voice yelled pointing at us. I looked at the family closely. It was Mai, I had to keep low so she wouldn't recognise me. Knives came shooting towards us.

Aang dodged and sent them back with a gust of wind. The guards quickly followed suit before getting a water whip from Katara. Mei was coming quickly, I had to think fast.

I ran the opposite direction, dodging the guards that followed suit until I was out of eyeshot of the rest of the gaang. I turned around and sent a fiery kick at them with more force, it knocked them down long enough for me to run further into the city.

I stopped running and stood still to catch my breath. I hadn't used my bending that much in a very long time. I was out of shape to say the least.

The floor underneath me opened, dropping me down rapidly. I was in front of a mob of people, the earth nations people quickly put me in rock up to my chin.

"Hey why are you holding my friend captive!" Aang yelled as the gaang ran up to me. I tried to wiggle out, there was no budging it.

"She's a fire bender!" The commander said pushing the rock further up my chin. Katara sliced the rock open with a water whip. I ran to her as quickly as I could.

"What proof do you have to convict her" Katara said hugging me. I nodded glaring at the leader, I should have known better. They probably have eyes everywhere.

"She took down two fire nation soldiers, unarmed" another man yelled pointing at me rudely.

"Did you see her fire bend?" Aang asked tilting his head to the soldiers. I nodded praying that they didn't. "W-well no, but I did see her take down a soldier with one kick" he said sucking in his breath.

"So you didn't actually see her bend fire, your just assuming" Katara said looking unimpressed to say the least, I nodded proudly, thanking my friends.

"Well yes but-" he said before getting cut off. God I was lucky, who knows what they would have done to me.

"You have no proof, therefore she's joining as a part of team avatar" Sokka said wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"As long as she doesn't endanger our citizens, I will trust your judgment avatar Aang" the commander said calming his crowd.

"So what's the plan?" I asked unlatching Sokka from myself. Aang pulled out a few pentapi, I face palmed. The worst thing is it might just work.