Run girl run

(Y/n)s pov:

I twisted the black ribbon that once held my hair up nervously through my fingers, the sensation of the smooth fabric passing over my knuckles doing nothing to calm my nerves.

"Head towards the west gates, there's a tram that's runs from the west of the outer ring straight in" the soldier that had bent the elevator down told me with a curt nod, I thanked him with a bow before running towards the streets of the outer ring.

The air flew by my face, time seemed to slow down as I ran. I couldn't take my time and take notice of the people around me like I usually did, no time to study features I'd never seen and ponder on them. Thoughts of fear and dead running through my head like viper wolves running through the forest.

What if the drill had already pierced the wall? What if Sokka and everyone else got hurt? How would I be able to live with myself if I did fail my friends?

I gasped as I collided with someone, quickly muttering out an apology as I helped myself up. Dusting the dirt and gravel off my skirt, taking the time to make sure the scroll containing the information on the drill was still intact.

"Hey watch where your-" the man I bumped into yelled, turning around and cutting his sentance off. Our eyes widened as they met, the scarred face and golden eyes stared into me like spears being lunged into prey. It was Zuko.

I didn't have enough composure nor time to squeak out a response, I turned heel. Sprinting as fast as I could, weaving through the streets and alleyways of Ba Sing Se's inner ring.

I ignored Zuko's call out for me to wait, the chatter of the city drowned out his protests as the muscles of my legs screamed for me to stop and rest. I ignored my body, taking a sharp turn into the alley to loose Zuko, hopefully not getting further away from my destination.

I let out a wail of surprise as I collided with the ground once again, this time Zuko knocked me over, I twisted around to face him. Desperately writhing my arms and torso to try and squirm out of his grip.

"(Y/n)" Zuko exclaimed with wide eyes, even though he only said one thing I could already hear the questions, the accusations. Why did you disappear? Why are you in Ba Sing Se?

"Prince Zuko! What are you doing, we cannot miss the-" the familiar voice of Iroh hissed, cutting himself off as his eyes landed on me. I suppose the reaction was hereditary.

"Let me go!" I yelled, continuing to thrash and whip my body around, unable to free myself. Zuko looked down at me in pure shock, almost like he was lucid and being gutted at the same time. Iroh's gaze was concerned and shocked, more on the end of a worried elder seeing a young child fall out of a tree.

"What are you!- Why are you!-" Zuko yelled stuttering helplessly as he looked down at me, I could almost see the thoughts racking his brain through his eyes. I looked down at the scroll I was carrying, I didn't know if Iroh and Zuko were here with that metal monster or not.

If Zuko's track record held up he may not be involved with the drill but if he knew Aang was here he'd no doubt try and capture him. I scorched the scroll in my hand, the cinders burning Zuko's wrist.

He hissed in pain as he let go of me to look at his burnt skin, allowing me to snake out of his grasp, running towards the other end of the alley. My heart pounded in my chest, the drumming of my blood moving through my veins reverberating in my ears. I felt my entire body get lurched to the side, the noise stopped.

Instead replaced by a sharp whine as my vision doubled, I could vaguely see a ostrich horse drawn cart pulled to a stop. The driver sticking his head out of the window in concerned, I could see people flocking around me. My head thumped as I watched Zuko and Iroh ran over to me, the whine got louder. Drowning out everything.

My muscles ached and burned as I raised my arms to cover my ears, the pain and extortion pushed my body to its limits. The high pitched screech rang louder, my ears and my brain couldn't take it any longer. Everything went black.