Embassy

(Y/n)s pov:

"Izemo struck the mountain with a flick of her tail, freeing the sun and letting it shine in the sky for all of us to enjoy" I finished, closing the first chapter of the book I got for Toph.

"I liked that story" Toph commented with a small smile, walking over to the small clearing that sat behind the pond that Aang and Katara had been water bending in.

"Ok so I have a route for us to take" Sokka declared making us all turn our heads and huddle towards the map, I looked over the map. It was fairly basic but painted a good perspective of where we were.

"So we just got out of the desert so we must be around here and we need to go to Ba Sing Se, which is here" Sokka explained pointing at the different points in the map. "It looks like the only passage of land connecting the south to the north is this sliver of land called the serpents pass" Sokka added pointing to one of the tiny brush strokes on the map. Man it was so much easier travelling with Appa.

"You sure that's the best way to go?" Toph asked, crossing her arms as she stared at the rocks around the pond.

"It's the only way, I mean it's not like we have Appa to fly us there" Sokka replied with a shrug, I groaned elbowing him in the side.

"Shut up about Appa, can't you at least try to be sensitive" Katara spat, gesturing to Aang who just sighed.

"It's okay, I know I was upset about loosing Appa before but I just wanna focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and telling the earth king about the solar eclipse" Aang stated simply, holding his knees into his chest with a blank expression.

"Well ok, I'm glad your doing better" Katara replied with an unsure smile, I nodded patting him on the shoulder as we got up.

"Well then to Ba Sing Se we go, no more distractions" Sokka declared folding the map and putting it back into his bag.

"Hello there fellow refugees!" A man's voice yelled out from behind us, I waved back to them as they walked over. One was a young couple, the women heavily pregnant and the third was a young girl with long brown hair.

"Are you guys headed to Ba Sing Se too?" I asked greeting the trio with a smile, the man nodded.

"We're trying to get there before my wife ying has her baby" the man answered affectionately rubbing his wife's stomach, I smiled at the display it was so pure and just beautiful.

"Great, we can travel through the serpents pass together" Katara added with a grin, the trio gasped.

"The serpents pass? Only the truely desperate take that deadly route" Ying replied, looking between her husband and the young girl they were travelling with.

"Deadly route, way to pick Sokka" Toph complimented sarcastically, punching him in the shoulder.

"Well we are desperate" Sokka replied with a shrug, rubbing the spot where Toph punched him tenderly.

"You should come with us to full moon bay, ferries take refugees across the lake, it's the fastest way to Ba Sing Se" Ying's husband explained with a grin, Ying nodded.

"And it's hidden so the fire nation can't fire nation can't find it" Ying added with a nod, I looked at the gaang; it sounded pretty good.

"Hmm peaceful ferry ride or deadly pass?" Katara stated in mock thought looking between the trio and Sokka.

Time skip

The refugee camp was massive, covered by tall earth walls that earth kingdom guards from Ba Sing Se manned. It was sickening to see all these poor people with nowhere to go.