Acquaintances

(Y/n)s pov:

I stood in the crowd of earth nation people as Sokka explained how to look sick. I rolled my eyes and walked next to him. We all shambled over towards the front gates, moaning like zombies, the guards ran away, opening the gates.

Time skip

I patted Flopsy as Katara hugged Aang. I didn't know king Bumi but he would have to be a good guy if Aang cared for him this much.

"We have bad news, we just did a head count" Yow said walking towards us. "Oh no are we missing people" Katara said putting a hand over her mouth. The commander shook his head.

"Actually we have one extra" he said pointing towards Momo who was being harassed by a toddler. I ran up to him excitedly, "hello little baby" I said picking up the little one and lifting him up.

Time skip

We sat around camp as Tom-Tom crawled around following Momo, he soon set his eyes on Sokka. He grabbed Sokka's club. "Ah no! Bad fire nation baby" he yelled, grabbing the club out of reach. He started crying loudly.

I smacked Sokka upside the head. "Oh fine" Sokka said giving in. Letting the baby play with his club.

"Your so cute" Katara and I said playing with Tom-Tom, I nodded with a wide grin. "Sure he's cute now, but when he's older he'll join the fire nation army, you won't think he's so cute then, he'll be a killer" the commander said glaring at the baby.

"That's not his fault" I muttered letting Katara grab him.

"Does this look like the face of a killer to you" Katara said squishing his cheeks. The commander stayed quiet. The caw of a messenger hawk was heard on one of the surrounding boulders. It carried a scroll with a fire nation insignia.

Aang read the scroll. "It's from the fire nation governor, he thinks we kidnapped his son, he wants to make a trade; his son for king Bumi"

To morning

"We're probably gonna walk right into a trap, I hope you know that" Sokka said as we got on Appa with Tom-Tom in tow.

"I don't think so, I'm sure the governor wants his son back as much as we want Bumi back, I have a good feeling about this" Aang said as we left the plateau. We entered the city, landing next to the Ozai statue in progress. It took a lot not just to burn it to the ground we stood on.

A trio of girls started walking towards us. My eyes widened, it was Azula, Mei, and Ty-lee. My breath quickened, I had to think of a plan to get away quick.

"I'm gonna go back to the camp, check on everyone" I whispered to Katara, trying to get away from the three.

"But (y/n) we might need you here if things go south" Sokka said turning to me. I shook my head.

"No no you'll be fine, like Aang said good feeling, plus I'm a non bender I won't be any help, no offence sokka" I said trying to rush off, I turned away from the girls attempting to run.

"Trying to leave the party" Azula's voice cackled from behind me, I didn't dare turn around, she would recognise me instantly. I had to be careful, I didn't speak, staying behind Sokka and shielding my face from view.

"Did you bring my brother" Mai said as a box of metal was lowered down from a crane, I assumed this was what they were keeping Bumi in.

"He's right here, we're ready to trade" Aang said as Sokka stepped forward with Tom-Tom in his arms.

"A thought just occurred to me, mind if I speak my mind" Azula said with a cruel smirk. "Of course not, princess Azula" Mai said with her monotone voice. I had a bad feeling about this.

"We're trading a two year old for a king, a powerful earth bending king? It just doesn't seem like a fair trade, does it?" Azula said turning to us. Mai smiled. I knew it was a good idea to bring a knife.

"Your right, the deals off" Mai said signalling to the crane to lift Bumi back up. "We'll see you all later" Bumi cackled from his metal box. Aang leapt into battle jumping towards Bumi.

Azula sent a wave of her trade mark blue fire. Aangs turban flew off in the chaos. "The avatar, well isn't it my lucky day" Azula said following Aang up.

Mai lunged towards Katara, "we have to get the baby out of here" she yelled as Sokka and I started running.

"Way ahead of you" Sokka said flowing a sky bison shaped whistle. I jumped over the a space in the floor boards while Sokka fell over.

"Be careful" I said quietly, hoping the girls wouldn't notice. Ty-lee jumped towards us pausing as she saw my face. A look of great surprise covered her pretty face. I took this chance to punch her in the side of the head as Katara dragged her off with a water whip.

That punch had to have knocked her out cold. I pulled Sokka up and we ran down the steps of the construction site. We hopped on Appa, Sokka was holding his reins while I sat with the baby in the saddle. We flew over to Katara who was getting hit by Ty-lee and getting thrown arrows from Mai.

I guess my punch wasn't as good as I thought it was. "How are you gonna fight without your bending" Mai asked smugly, pulling a knife from her bijia.

"I seem to manage" Sokka yelled throwing his boomerang, knocking Mai's knife away and allowing katara to jump on Appa. I tried to keep low in the saddle as Katara jumped on Appa's head with Sokka.

"There's Aang!" Katara yelled pointing to a mail shoot. "We can catch him" Sokka said getting Appa to lean near the shoot. Azula shot a fire ball at Appa making his move away before sending another one at Aang and Bumi.

Aang pushed them up with a gust of wind sending them flying right over us and onto another mail shoot. We followed them down to the ends of the construction site. I saw Bumi in his metal coffin getting pushed up by a pile of rocks. I chose not to question whatever that was.

Azulas pov:

"I swear it was her, Azula!" Ty-lee said looking at me with a pitiful look. I crossed my legs and smiled. "Seems like we have another target on our hands"