Azula always lies

(Y/n)s pov:

"What did you tell them?" I hissed at Azula as she pulled her hair out of its top knot, she looked over at me with a raise of her brow.

"About what?" Azula asked with a shrug of her shoulders, playing dumb didn't suit such a conniving person.

"Don't act dumb, about me; what lie did you tell these people?" I demanded with a grunt, balling up my fists tightly, she had a lot of nerve for a girl with 2 years less fighting experience than me.

"The truth, but a little bent in places where you need it, you 'died' in the house fire of your family esate, earth kingdom rebels started it, kidnapped you and snuck you out of the country for leverage" Azula explained with a flick of her hair, walking over to me and placing her hand on my shoulder.

"My idiot brother bravely saved you from the enemy, brought you home then jumped into Mai's arms instead of yours" Azula continued with a chuckle, my deep breaths that kept my composure turned into scorching hot air that released itself through my nose.

Azula snatched back her hand to avoid getting burnt, she smirked at me with a shrug. "I couldn't imagine what being in second place is like, my condolences" she jeered, walking off down the dimly lit hallway.

I stormed away in the opposite direction, stomping towards my temporary room in the palace while the estate was being properly 'prepared' to house people again. They just used it for something else or hell even knocked the thing down and were trying to cover their tracks.

"(Y/n)" the voice of Zuko called out from in front of me, I tore my glare away from the floor for a few moments to stare up at him. "Couldn't get any sleep? He questioned with small huff of agreement not even waiting to hear my response, I averted my glare once more.

"I can't right now Zuko, just- just leave me alone" I stated with a deep sigh, I could feel the indents from my nails as they dug into my palm.

"What are you angry at me for?!?" He asked with a scrunch of his nose, a scowl quickly adorning his face. "You should be nicer to me, if it wasn't for me Azula would've- you should been grateful!" Zuko stated with a small stutter to his tone, he didn't want to think about what Azula would've done and neither did I.

"Instead of blood on her hands and a notch on her belt I'm now her prisoner, wow thank you Zuko how wonderful" I retorted in a sarcastic tone, he growled in annoyance clenching his fists.

"Your alive and your living in the royal palace, you should be happy!" He yelled back, grabbing his hair and pulling at it. Almost like everything didn't go out as he planned in his head and he was trying to fix it.

"I came here because of you! And what have you done? Barely talked to me at all because your too caught up with Mai" I corrected with a laugh of disbelief, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"What does Mai have to do with this? If your not happy it doesn't make it her fault" he snapped with a scoff, I pushed past him and started walking towards my bedroom.

"No but it could be seen as yours" I replied with a deep sigh, crossing my arms as I walked. I had to sugar coat my words and step on eggshells compared to how he talked to me.

"HOW IS THIS MY FAULT? GO! DISAPPEAR AGAIN, SEE IF I CARE!" He yelled from the same spot, I ignored him and kept my eyes forwards.

Timeskip

A couple days had passed living in the palace, I refused to talk to anyone but the servants and Ty-Lee. As much as I didn't want to admit it Zuko's words hurt, his smile he showed to Mai hurt.

Everything in this crimson coloured prison despite being lined with silk felt like it stabbed into my eyes. And now the cherry on top; we were all being forced to go on a 'holiday' it was really just an excuse to get us out of the palace city.

"(Y/n)! Are you ready? I'm so excited!" Ty-Lee exclaimed, shoving open my door with a happy chuckle. I sighed with a nod, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Some servants grabbed my bags earlier, I'm all ready to go" I stated with a small nod, walking towards her with a bittersweet smile. She cheered and linked arms with me, practically bouncing up at down from the excitement of the trip.

We made our way out of the palace and towards the docks that sat behind the courtyard that surrounded the palace, it was fancy and clean only for ships carrying members of the royal family or cargo from overseas that had to be delivered straight to the palace without any other stops.

"I've never been to Ember island, oo I can't wait to go on the beach, I bet there's a bunch of pretty shiny shells and rocks" Ty-Lee rambled with a jump of excitement, pulling me around with her.

"I'm sure there is, I'm looking forwards to the open air" I stated with a chuckle, shaking my head as we walked on the ramp to get on the ship.

"You wouldn't need a vacation for that if you didn't shut yourself in your room all day" Azula's cold voice called out from the balcony of the ship, I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath in.

"I like my solitude" I replied with a small sigh, leaning against the railing of the ship as Ty-Lee ran over to the stairs that led to the balcony on the pleasure boat.

"Well you can enjoy your solitude up here with us, it's sad looking down on you from up here, even if it is my place to do so" Azula ordered with a shrug, she sugar coated her words. What she really meant was 'do as I say so I can humiliate you, refuse and I'll let word slip that your a filthy traitor'.

I begrudgingly walked up the stairs, positioning myself on the other side of Azula. It was as far away as I could get from her and Mai.

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember island!" Ty-lee declared with a wide smile, placing her hands behind her head. "It's gonna be so great just to hang out and do nothing" she added with a giggle.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time, we're being sent away on a forced vacation, I feel like a child" Zuko grumbled with a scowl, leaning on the raining parallel to mine. He was still mad at me, but really how new was that.

"Lighten up, dad wants to meet with his advisers alone, don't take it personally" Azula sneered in what almost seemed like an attempt to comfort her brother. She topped it off with a roll of her eyes and crossing her arms. Nothing was comforting about Azula speaking.

"Gives them more time to rebuild my house too" I added with a small snort, taking a deep breath in of the salt air.

"Speaking of houses, doesn't your family have a house on Ember island?" Ty-Lee asked Azula with her seemly never failing smile, Azula nodded.

"We used to come every summer when we were kids" Azula replied with a nod, Zuko grunted to himself while he looked out into the sea.

"That was a long time ago" Zuko interjected with a grumble, if angst could kill between him and Mai we'd all be long gone by now.