Vacations

(Y/n)s pov:

I jolted awake, breathing deeply and looking around at my surroundings. I was in the same place with everyone, I held in my sobs as tears left my eyes.

I was home, with Zuko and all my friends. I could see my parents and Rangi, why did my dreams have to be so cruel. I wiped my tears, looking at my reflection in the small point that sat in the canyon.

I took a deep breath and started combing my hair with my fingers, I grabbed a ribbon from my bag and the hair pin Rangi had given me. Letting my fingers run over the black silk I looked at myself in the reflection once again.

I took my hair and tied in to a top knot, letting some of my hair rest on my neck and shoulders as I slid the thin pin in. I looked at my reflection, a new found sense of pride radiated through my picture on the water.

Time skip

"Can my mini vacation be a hot spring? I hear they have lovely spas in Ba Sing Se"I asked with a grin, I needed some way to relax and a hot spring sounded perfect.

"Not helping (y/n)" Sokka snarled with gritted teeth, I chuckled and nodded a sorry. "Even if you do master all the elements, then what? It's not like we have a map of the the fire nation, I should we just head west until we see the fire lords house?" Sokka asked sarcastically, I wanted to say something but held my tongue.

"We need some intelligence if we're gonna win this war" Sokka stated with crossed arms.

"I think we just need some intelligence in general" I added with a smirk, Katara and Aang chuckled.

"Alright, we'll finish our vacations then we'll look for Sokka's intelligence" Katara stated with her hands on her hips as me and Aang cackled.

"Very funny" Sokka commented with an unimpressed glance. I chuckled and grabbed his hand so we could both look at the map Aang had laid out.

"Your turn Katara, where would you like to go on your mini vacation?" Aang asked as she glanced at the monotoned map, all the landmarks were shown in fading brown ink.

"How about the misty palms oasis? That sounds refreshing" Katara asked pointing at the palm tree shaped drawing. I nodded with a sigh, an oasis or spa is exactly what we needed.

"Oh yeah I've been there, it's a pristine and natural ice ring and I usually don't use the word pristine. It's one of natures natural wonders" Aang said with a smile as we boarded Appa, ice sounded lovely in this scorching heat.

"I really hope this isn't one of those changed a bunch in the last 100 years thing" Sokka whispered to me as we sat next to each other on appas saddle, I slapped him playfully.

"I'm sure it will be wonderful" I retorted with a smile, truthfully I was a bit worried too but I trusted Aang's judgment.

Time skip

"It looks wonderful?" I chuckled hesitantly as I looked at the town, it was filled with thugs and general creepy looking guys.

"Must have changed ownership since I was here" Aang said with a nervous laugh of his own, as we walked through the gates the wooden sign smashed behind us.

I stepped closer to Sokka as we approached the pub of the desert oasis, oasis was a nice word for it. All that was left of the ice ring was a pathetic little ice chunk that dogs were using to keep cool, not exactly what I had imagined.

I pulled Sokka into the door of the pub as he looked at one of the weird village people spat at him. The pub was dreary and stank of alcohol, their were bums sleeping at their tables and men with little to no teeth chortling at each other.