day nine

"I'm afraid for the calendar."

I gave an uneasy smile not sure how one would respond to that. Blankly staring the ceiling, not sure what I'd do with my day; yet again.

"It's days are numbered." Craig, my therapist responded. I didn't understand, a smile found itself on my lips as I tried to make sense of it.

"Get it? I'm afraid for the calendar because it's days are numbered." He laughed almost out of breath. With a slight grin on my face, I finally chuckled.

"Mhm, I think I'm with your wife on this one."

"Ofcourse you're Soraya. Both your humour is below standard."

"I called to reschedule not hear some lame dad joke sir." I laughed, in all honesty... it had really brightened up my morning. I could see myself beginning to open up and get comfortable with Craig. He meant no harm and only meant for me to get better. He was a good listener made everything sound light hearted as if I was speaking to a long time friend. Currently, I needed that. Lorenzo couldn't help me with my memory even if he did, he is a compulsive liar. I'd strive to recall events with my therapist. I'd strive to get my life back, most of all I wanted to strive on figuring out what I'd do with this child that I was carrying. An uneasy sigh escaped my lips the minute, I saw Lorenzo watching me from the corner of my door. I immediately pulled the sheets up to cover any revealing skin.

It seemed he had gotten a hair cut because the day before, he did not look this way. Perhaps a slight trim, it really aligned how sharp his jaw was. His features seemed almost perfect, it irked me so much but also comforted me. Knowing it definitely wasn't my fault for falling for someone so cunning, he was indeed a handsome man. The only flaw, I could find was in his personality. His eyes greener than most. His body— I had never seen him half naked. Only in his boxers, my eyes scanned from head to toe. The gym was definitely a constant place for him, it was visible. Lean and tall with a bit of muscle. When our eyes finally met, I immediately looked away.

"Anyways uh-uhm is that alright with you?" I asked Craig as I watched Lorenzo finally walk in and close the door the behind.

"Perfectly alright, we just have to make sure we meet once a week. Remember this is for your own good. We all want to you to remember and get better..."

"Yes yes, ofcourse. Thank you for understanding. I have a lot going on for me at the moment."

"Hopefully we can talk about that on our next session? I appreciate you being courteous enough to call."

"Yes..." I couldn't tell him about this, could I?

I watched Lorenzo continue to browse through my room as if he had never been in here. I didn't have much, it still looked the way I found it.

We bid each other goodbye. As soon as I sat the phone down, Lorenzo turned to look at me. I put the cordless landline on my bedside. With one arm trying to pull the sheets over my breasts.

"Good morning. I'm sorry for disturbing your call." He muttered, I had never heard his voice sound this deep and baritone in a pleasant way. Granted he always sounded like that, I simply never put mind to it.

"No, it's alright. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Lorenzo smirked as a smile came onto his lips as if a memory had just crossed his mind. "Even with your memory gone, you still hate wearing night dresses or Pyjamas and prefer sleeping in just your underwear?" A sultry laugh escaped his lips. "...somethings never change..." I wasn't moved, I only tightened the grip on the sheets that covered my bare breasts. It did somewhat bring me joy in knowing, I wasn't completely a stranger to myself and that some of my old traits were still very much instilled within me. Even though I did most unknowingly.