Chapter Ten

He drives us home. We chat in the car about our days at work. "So, this man came into the office looking for a place to ship out cars." My eyes grow wide as he says that those are expensive to transfer to other places.

"So the guy, he offered a bunch of money, cash, and we accepted it. We like to send out as much as we can. It brings in more people, just like the post office we have a security process." Blade confides in me and I am very interested in his work. We all order things so it is interesting to hear about the shipping side of things.

You can tell he loves his job because a smile beams on his face as he explains every detail.

"That is so cool that you did that for that man." I am genuinely proud of him for taking that opportunity to help someone.

"He is a very nice old man, who kind of looks like Santa. So maybe that is how he does it. He ships it all months beforehand and hides it." I giggle as he says this because thinking about Santa shipping things makes me smile.

"Enough about my boring day. How was yours at the clinic?" He asks, clearly wanting to learn about my day.

"Well, today we had the birth of eight puppies from a Chihuahua. She was massive and we only thought there were five but three more came out. She has had the biggest litter for her breed I have seen. She is a very busy mama feeding all of them. The runt is getting constantly checked and we are worried it might die because she might not produce enough milk. But she has three girls and five boys. We also had a parrot with a potty mouth today. The foul things he says. The owner got him from a strip club, so he says what men say to women when they are dancing." 

We both smile at each other as we pull up to my place. I get out of the car and he walks me to my doorstep. He kisses me on my cheek and blushes. The blush fades and he deepens his stance. Blade turns to leave but then turns back to me.

"A fool falls in love with a girl, a king falls in love with a woman," he says gazing into my eyes. He pulls my hand up to his mouth and kisses the back of it. He walks to his truck and we part ways for the night.

I walk into my house and get undressed and head to my bed. I lay there for a few minutes before sitting up in bed not able to sleep. I rushed over to my PC to contact my holder, Jamal, back in college I was in a violent gang.  Jamal is an agent for the FBI that monitors me and makes sure I am on the same page as the rest of the team.

Back in the day, I was threatened with it when I was young, and for the last almost three years, I have been working to shut them down. By shutting them down, I mean turning them in and then disappearing or doing it anonymously. I have files and files on all of them and the victims and who and how they were killed by them. Then we have insiders that would never betray me. I have so much, but it is still not enough to take the main three down. One of them was an ex I never want to hear of again. But he always just shows up, including in my dreams. He hangs out there for some reason.

All I can say is I am so glad no one knows. I hope my mother never finds out about my history. Maybe if I go back with Ava, I can show her all this and it could get published anonymously. Her ex-husband will be away for good. But that doesn't help me with my ex.  Ava is a Private Investigator and I helped her start the business. I found rich people who needed help and she helped them. She made enough money to divorce and work somewhere else. They got back together a few years after I left the gang. But I now know they are done for. With all the countless women he assaulted, he deserves hell. He betrays everyone and literally, all his contacts are ready to squeal at him. The gang is how I met Thema, a daughter of an infamous rival gang leader who is a cop who goes undercover with his team. He has a no-violence strategy, he stops the street violence before it becomes violence. He helped me get my connections and put me in the position I am now. I can't turn in the information yet. Or his right-hand man, my ex gets his spot and I would rather rot in hell than ever see that man in power. He would have too many people on his side. He is the hardest to track and catch.