Chapter Fifteen

Week one of training with stitches in is rough. Being completely out of shape is what bothers me. I go to the gym maybe twice a month.
A trip to the local taco bell to get a bean burrito is my kind of workout.

"This is Tyler, he is a world champion fighter he will teach you everything you need to know about self-defense." My dad explains he told me to start calling him Kevin, no one can know I am his daughter. He is paranoid about others finding out about me. I guess he is the guy I inherited my paranoid thoughts about. Maybe I got my dreams from him too, but how does one bring that up in conversation? I have never told anyone about them.

Not my Mama or Thema.

"Nice to meet you." The man bows covered head to toe in protective gear.

"Today, you will just be punching and kicking the shrimp out of me." He explains and I think to myself how that doesn't sound like real training if he is the best. Why would he teach me this nonsense? I wonder as I put on my protective gloves and put my hair up.

Throwing my legs up and the air and heard a few slaps against to suit. I realize how toned he is and how little of a dent I am doing with my body.

Putting a little extra bit of energy into my kicks, still not being able to get a reaction. I go and try a kick. I once saw a video game character accomplish it as easily breathing It was a good start but had the wrong intentions. I end up falling on my ass taken out by my stupidity.

"Yeah, that is not how it is going to work." He explains getting out of the weird suit.

"You kick like a toddler," when he says this it makes me laugh. With how tall he is I look like a small child.

"Well, sorry if it is my first day of training." As I mutter this he turns and gazes at me, half shutting his eyes.

That wore me out. Maybe I can get him to get something to drink like a smoothie. That sounds good.

"Can we take a break and get or make a smoothie, please it sounds so good." I beg hoping to get my way. With the looks of it I am going to get my way. 

He gives me a side glance and then agrees to doing it with a head shake that meant yes. I am thankful he agreed to this. We get in the car and drive to the nearest smoothie place, tropical smoothie. We go through the drive threw. I get a strawberry banana smoothie with a scoop of peanut butter. He gets a peanut banana smoothie it has a name but I don't pay attention to it because mine gets made first and I want the first sip even though it is thick. I offer to pay because it was me who wanted to come get a smoothie. It tastes amazing.

"Thanks again for letting me take this break." he nods grabbing his drink from the counter.