Chapter Eleven

"Okay, so what's the plan?" I ask the task force. Nobody chimes in and I roll my eyes. They are all pondering the possibilities and what outcomes could unfold.

Jamal has a smile on his face. "I have a feeling he needs you back, he just got out of jail. He harassed Ava and did a whole lot of shit out of jealousy. That man is falling apart, his daddy got him out of trouble of course. He has friends on the inside of the system. Once I find out who the hell those people are I am getting their asses fired." 

"Okay, but how does that help my situation? I can't go back to them. I won't," I say, he doesn't know where I am currently living. I always take different ways here and it's a gated community.

"Just go see what he has to say, maybe he will say more to stir the pot you have been brewing." The director of this mission, Garrett Tompson says. He's an older man, in his late 50s. He was against me joining the team in the beginning. But now, once he sees what I am capable of he has grown to like me. 

"Okay, but I am bringing my gun. I'll shoot the man before I ever join him. " Jamal starts laughing and his boss gives him a look that makes him stop immediately.

"You get him, girl." I roll my eyes because they know I can't shoot very well, but the gun was a gift from Julia. We are the only girls on the team. Julia is a forensic scientist, she studies all the bodies from them.

"I am going to log off and get ready." I hit the end call button on my laptop. 

When I get dressed up, I put on a mesh top over my black bra. Then I grab a skirt and some fishnet stockings. I put on a pair of open-toed boots that are nice, but you can run in them if needed. I curl my hair and put it up into a neat ponytail. Throwing on some hoops and my nose stud, I am ready to go.

I don't drive my car, I have borrowed a sports car from Thema. Her dad owns a lot of them. She comes from a rather wealthy family. But she doesn't like handouts. She likes to work for every little thing she has. That is why I joined her family. It's honestly not a gang, it's just a group of people doing what the law won't prevent. We try to protect people, currently trying to get them out of town. I don't know why he isn't in LA anymore. I drive to the club blasting music trying to distract myself. I hate that he is in this town. I hate how he found me.

I walk into the club jumping through the long line because Thema grabs me by the arm.

"Girl you got this," she says, and that is when I notice her brothers are here. They are cops and way older than us. She is the baby in the family tree. They are in regular clothes and are probably going to be here to keep an eye on me.

As soon as I enter the club I notice him, he is sitting alone. Short sleeve shirt to where you can see all his arm tattoos on display. 

I walk over and sit down at the booth. My hands are a little sweaty because this meeting will feel like an eternity. This is the first time I have been in his presence willingly in awhile.

"You showed up," he says with a wicked grin. His voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. It's not deep like Blade. I didn't think I would ever have to hear it again. It's a deep voice but I believe he is forcing it a little too much.

"Of course, I did what the hell else would I do when you come on my turf? I am done with you, computers keep getting newer and I can't hack like I used to." I explain, that if I were Pinocchio my nose would be a foot long.

"You are lying, I know you. You are a prodigy. Don't play dumb that's my brother's job." He says slamming his arms on the table and spilling his beverage.

Ah, I thought he was going to say his job.

"Well, I don't do it anymore. I have a life. I have a job that I love," I explain, just as the girl from Blade's house walks in.