Chapter Thirteen

I wake up again in the same room with just the doctor standing over me. My head is pounding and everything is aching. My arm aches and my head feels broken.

"Whoever did your stitches did a horrendous job, a few of them broke and I apologize on the behalf of all of the staff for what happened." As soon as he says this I smell a lawsuit that could happen. Everything aches, making me feel so weak, that I just go back to sleep. I can hear everything around me and my mama starts yelling at the doctors and staff. Just can't move or be bothered to do or say anything without any stamina. Laying limp as can be I wish I had the strength to get up.

"Your negligence could have cost my daughter her entire life. She is a brilliant girl and if she went for it. She would do your job better than you do. One more misstep and you will hear from my lawyer." She says and I can't hear what he softly says back. The doctor leaves the room and my mama starts pacing frantically. It's something she does when she is nervous.

"Don't worry, darling I will fix this." She says, her heels clicking on the cold floors of the hospital.

I finally start drifting off to sleep, everything is now black no background noises. My eyelids are too heavy to open.

"You solved it, he is gone for good." Jamal raises his small glass of bourbon. Today I have finally figured out where he hid the photos. Finally, they can all be put away.

Garrett thanks me with open arms and I offer him a hug. He accepts it with a proud smile.
"I am so glad to have finally found all the evidence to turn into you all to go catch him," I say in front of the team and Jamal has a cake. I go to look at it as I approach it. The room gets more dark and ominous as I walk over to him. Looking down at the cake it changes to flames. The roaring flames surround me and one of my worst exes walks into the circle of fire. All the people I love are outside the ring of fire. The fire goes out and they all turn to ash. It's just us, in the dark, hot room. Marcell was a ruthless man I dated when I was tied to his gang. He killed a lot when we were together and I didn't find out until I saw photos of his victims.

Marcell Lafayette, I spent two too many years with that wicked man. After I found out what he did under my nose. Under our rental house, I took all the deposits I had put into the house and ran. Made sure to break up with him too, for a serial killer he wasn't that awful of a boyfriend. Honestly, seemed normal he was even caring and didn't seem to have many flaws other than when he would lash out at me and hit me. Two seconds later he would apologize and we would be fine again.

A serial killer that I once loved stands before me. A devilish grin on his face spreads as he steps forward the fire closing in on us. My body bubbles with anxiety as I face him for the first time since the breakup.

"My precious, all the ones you love are around us." I look outside the ring of fire around us, my body burning and sweat pouring down my legs. I wipe my forehead and scream when blood streams down my face.

"Deven, Wyatt!" I shout and they can't hear me. I go to jump out of the fire, but Marcell parts it and walks over to them, and the fire around me rises. I go to follow in his steps but he pushes me back and the fire rises again. He walks to them and then says something in each of their ears. I wish I never introduced them to him. He takes my brothers away. When he walks back with a bullet in his head, right in the center of his forehead. Tears Bloodstream down his face from his tear ducts. The fire starts to dim down and he says,

"Your end is coming, something is coming." He fades away into smoke, my hands shake, and my knees start wobbling. The room gets lighter again and then changes when I open my eyes. I am crying and shaking in what seems to be a newer fancier bed. This isn't the first time my dreams have spoken to me.