Chapter Forteen

"How is it possible?" I ask in shock, wishing the last few days have been a dream.

I look into his lush eyes and I see pain. He is wearing a black t-shirt that is skin-tight on him along with skin-tight black jeans and black, leather dress shoes.

"You see, your mom and I fell in love. After doing a few tours in the Army. I came home and I helped build a gang. You see, the streets were becoming more and more unsafe. So a friend of mine who had a small one decided to build a larger, more powerful one. One that could tear down other gangs. A gang all should fear, so while this was happening. I had just married your mom and we were expecting you. It was the 90s and everyone thought the world was going to end in the year 2000. So groups became more violent trying to take over the area. Well, a gang found out about your mother and they hurt her.  She was taken, when you were two. So once we got her back. I cut ties with you both to keep you safe. Your mother agreed to it all because it was what was best for you. All we ever wanted was your safety. My identity died to protect you." He looks at me as if he knows something about me that he hasn't snitched on me to Mama yet.

I think he knows about my past and what I can do. 

"So you abandoned me, to keep me safe?" I question wondering how this kept me safe.

"Yes. Your mother has to go home to her husband Philip. We can discuss more. I can get to know you more. My child, if you want to get to know me." My mom grabs her things and just leaves and I want to yell at the trader, as she walks out. 

As soon as she leaves, his eyes are a glowing lime green color. The way he looks at me makes me nervous.

"I heard you have been involved with Sam Wilson before," I nodded my head not wanting to lie to this scary man who gave me half his DNA. 

"I ran all his online systems. Helped him scam other people. But I don't do it anymore. He threatened me to do what I did." As soon as I explain this he tenses up.

"He not only used you, but he threatened you. I can't wait for that boy to get put away. He and Marcell's empire is slipping. I can't wait for their downfall. We have already been trying to put oil on the floor, he is already slipping on." He explains, saying the name of my ex. 

"Yeah, I am working on it too with the federal government. According to them in 2011, there were 33,000 violent street, motorcycle, and prison gangs active in the U.S., with more than 1.4 million members, a huge increase. It's getting worse, trust me Marcell is a serial killer. He likes to take down the leaders of smaller gangs. Brutally murder them in a style of a smaller gang and then do that so they feel like joining them. It's how he raises morality. I should know, I dated him." I bark out in rage. Every time he kills it is different. The man is so clean at getting away with It except for his obsession with carving letters into them.

I attempt to sit up some more and explain that, in recent years, gangs are participating in more non-traditional crimes such as prostitution, alien smuggling, human trafficking, identity theft, and mortgage fraud. These new, non-traditional crimes create higher profitability and lower visibility. I can keep such a low profile online and steal and get so much data, and no one bats an eye. 

"Gangs are not what they used to be, the crimes are done so quickly online or through a border that it is harder to latch onto criminals such as Marcell. He kills them but creates fake passports so they think he is not in the country. So thanks to his fake alibis and the way that he covers everything up almost perfectly. Because of the flights and how he travels, it's very hard to get the tapes because they have really old Security and they are all on vhses. Without probable cause and some kind of proof, these airports do not release the tapes." I explain as I angrily take a sip of ice water.