I. Percy

They tried to celebrate their big victory one last time with his closest friends, which failed utterly. The death of Leo haunted everyone, especially Jason and Piper, who were his closest friends. After traveling for so long and so far, who knew his death would end it.

"At least his last words weren't anything stupid or corny," Piper said, her shoulders shaking. "'Hey, I told you I had a plan. When are you going to trust me? And by the way - I love you guys.'" She was trying her hardest not to cry, but Percy knew she wouldn't be able to hold it in.

"How do you still remember?" Jason asked.

"How can we forget?" She held back a small sob. "He's in Elysium, right Hazel?"

"Nico," Hazel said. "He went down to the Underworld. We haven't given up yet, but-"

"Percy!" a familiar voice called out. Percy turned around to see Annabeth running towards him. "Thank the gods, that..." She took in a deep breath. "That one satyr, Lewis, he... he has, had, a demigod." She took in another breath. "Lewis died."

"Really?" Frank said. He looked a bit hopeful, but right now, it felt like there wasn't any hope at all.

"Yeah, but sorry, still no sign of Leo." Annabeth blinked back tears as Percy hugged her. "I'm fine, I'm fine. She... the new demigod, she seems extremely important, almost ancient. As if she belonged way back then, the beginning of the gods."

"That's old," he said. "Maybe she's the reincarnation of some famous demigod or person or-"

"We get it Percy."

"Well," Frank said. "We've gotta head to Camp Jupiter now. We'll keep looking. Bye guys." Hazel called Arion, and in a flash, they were gone.

"Back to her," Annabeth said. "She's pretty beaten up. Wanna go meet her?"

"Anything to get our minds off of Leo," Jason said. "Let's go!"

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

The new demigod did seem ancient, besides her clothes. She wore a black leather biker jacket on top of her white shirt, along with matching leather pants and combat boots. Her black hair was choppy and wind blown, and her skin was kind of pale. The only feature that dominated over anything else were her bright eyes were every color he could imagine, and it shifted like Piper's. She gave Percy an Ares impression, but she looked nothing like the kids. She had the looks of all the children really, which was strange.

Chiron seemed tense around her, as if he knew something they didn't know. "Hello child," he said. "Who might you be?"

She looked up. "My name," she said, her voice flowing like the wind, "is Pandora Arredondo."

"Pandora?" Annabeth said, perking up a bit. "As in Pandora's box Pandora?"

Pandora frowned. "I'm... Not sure. I'm a reincarnation of someone though. Ancient, like my mum told me. Dad told her, but I don't know who my dad is."

"That's how we all started out," Percy said. "How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"Huh. Well any minute..."

"Till...?"

"Till you get claimed," Piper replied. "I'm Piper McLean, Aphrodite."

"Like the actor's daughter?" Pandora asked eagerly. Percy didn't expect her to act much like an Aphrodite kid, but the thought went out the window.

"Yeah... Exactly..." Piper still didn't talk much about her dad.

"Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon" he said, extending his hand out. She took it.

"Nice to meet you." When she got close, Percy could smell the earth on her, but sweeter. He tensed a bit, then relaxed. Gaea's gone. There isn't any threat.

Annabeth and Jason introduced themselves. Then Chiron said, "Well, Pandora, Annabeth will be giving you a short tour of our camp." He left the Big House.

Annabeth kissed him on the cheek. "See you at dinner, Seaweed Brain."

"You too, Wise Girl."

As he left, people began to murmur to themselves and gather where Annabeth and Pandora were. Percy pushed his way through the crowd and saw that Jason and Piper were already there. Above Pandora's head, the symbol of Olympus twirled around.

Pandora doubled over like she was being punched. Then, she opened her eyes. They were a dark green. In a voice that sounded like the Oracle, she said, "I am the original Pandora, the first daughter, created by the gods." Her eyes returned to their normal colour, and she panicked.

"Woah there," someone said. Percy turned around to see Will Solace running over to her side. "What happened?"

"I-" she began, gasping for breath. "I s-saw memories from the first Pandora."

"Her claiming..." Annabeth said. "I'd never seen anything like it..."

"Those were all the gods," Chiron said. "I should've known. The gods must have been planning this for awhile."

"Well then where is she staying?" someone from the crowd asked.

"She'll be in the Big House," Chiron responded. "Back to your normal activities."

Percy turned to Jason. "If that's Pandora, as in the Pandora, this can't be good," he said.