XXXIV. Percy

Hey Wise Girl, don't start with me.
-Percy Jackson, The Crown of Ptolemy

(I need a Percabeth moment so short chapter chaps)

"Where did Pandora and Will go?" Percy asked Annabeth. She shrugged as Piper squealed. They looked at her, confused.

"Why are you so giddy?" Jason asked. "It's scaring me, Pipes."

"Oh, they're at Camp Jupiter with Reyna and Arthur," she replied. They were still confused. "Date night. I helped Will and Arthur since they looked like hooligans."

"Ah," Annabeth said. "That's nice."

"It's adorable!"

"How much sugar did you have?" Jason questioned. He leaned towards Percy. "She really acts like an Aphrodite kid when she has enough sugar," he whispered. Percy snorted.

"I don't know..." Piper replied, sweetly.

"Yeah... you're going to bed."

"Too hyper."

"Then we're running it off you. C'mon. Lava wall." Jason grabbed her hand and they sprinted for the lava wall.

"We have time for ourselves now," Annabeth said, kissing his cheek.

"Finally," he replied. "Beach?" She nodded.

The sea was calm, so Percy assumed that Dad was watching them. "Three wars, three years," Annabeth sighed.

"Has it really?" he asked.

"Battle of Manhattan, the Prophecy of Seven, the Khione War... Yeah. Three wars."

"Not the best thing in the world, but gods, I'm glad you were with me through all of those."

"Same here, Seaweed Brain."

"Three years we've been going out?"

"Last I checked," she replied, kissing his cheek.

"Lips need some love too, Wise Girl." She laughed and pecked him on the lips.

"I keep thinking," she said, "when I said 'He's the one,' maybe, I not only said that because I wanted to go on a quest, but also because I knew we were meant to be, but I was too dumb to see it."

"You?" Percy questioned. "Dumb?"

"Right. A better word would be blind."

"You really hated me then."

"I didn't hate you. I just didn't know how to feel about. I mean, with Luke and..." Her expression grew dark.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Something happen with Luke recently?"

"Yes, something did happen."

Percy raised an eyebrow. "What?" he asked.

"He was kissing Thalia," she spat. Percy mouthed 'Oh'.

"I thought she was in the Hunt," Percy said.

"That's what I thought."

Percy brought her in close and squeezed tightly, running his hand through her hair. She buried her face in his shirt. "It's stupid. She's already snogging guys now."

Percy chuckled. "What's with the British grammar?"

"Rereading Harry Potter."

Percy kissed her forehead and held her for a very, very long time.