XXXVI. Reyna

There are too many of them.
-Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano, Blood of Olympus

Reyna searched the city for Pandora with almost no luck until she heard a sweet singing voice. "In the future, I think you're standing next to me, in the future, something's happening to me..."

"Pandora?" Reyna called out. The singing trailed off. "It's me, Reyna."

"I'm over here," a small voice said.

Reyna walked near the voice and saw Pandora sitting on a rock, staring at the stars. "Orion... Hercules... Pegasus... Perseus..."

"Do you know all of them?" Reyna asked.

"Thanks to Artemis, yes." Reyna sat down next to her.

"I heard you singing," she said, and Pandora blushed. "I don't think I've heard that song before. Did you make it up?"

"Yeah, I spent most of my time writing music. I became an obsession of mine."

"Apollo?"

"Yeah."

They sat down for a couple more minutes. Reyna broke the silence. "How long do you think you'll be staying in Britain?" she asked.

"If I choose to stay? About a year. It depends." Reyna saw Pandora's hand twitch, and she jerked her head around. "Did you hear that?"

Reyna raised an eyebrow. "Hear what?"

She shook her head. "Probably nothing."

Pandora sighed. "Well, at least it's working out for you and Arthur. Let's just say his past girlfriends were exactly pleasant..."

"Wait," Reyna said. "How many?"

"Umm..."

"Pandora."

"Six?"

"And to think-"

"And he broke up with them in days! Look, they weren't the nicest or the prettiest. They were pretty much the lamest people ever. You're actually his longest relationship." Reyna felt her face grow warm, and she looked away.

"You guys are cute," Pandora said. "I've honestly never seen him happier."

"I-I, uh, umm..."

"I'm embarrassing you. But I don't know what to choose. The camps or my mom."

Her mom, a voice said. Reyna looked around, confused. She must go with her mom.

Who are you? Reyna questioned.

By the gods above, who else?

I don't know.

I'd blast you to ashes if I had the chance, but you Romans think I'm great.

I presume Juno or Jupiter.

Well, Juno's counterpart, Hera, but same deal. I'm still your warner.

"What is it?" Reyna said aloud.

"What? I didn't say anything," Pandora said.

"Nothing," Reyna muttered. Warning? What for?

The girl is in danger, Hera said. She needs to get away from Tartarus.

For what reasons.

I'll shorten it. Hades cursed her with paranoia and Khione made sure that Pandora would feel her presence as long as she's here in America. She'll go mad here.

Reyna looked at Pandora, who was twitching every so often and looking around for an unknown enemy. "It's cold," she muttered, rubbing her arms. "I don't suppose you can help me with my choice."

Tell her! Hera screamed in her mind.

Shut up! Reyna yelled back. She sighed. "I think you should go with your mom."

Pandora looked at her like a confused puppy. "I... what?"

"I think you should go with your mom."

"For what reason?" she snapped.

Reyna opened her mouth to speak, but the voice of Hera said, Don't tell her that part!

"Oh she deserves to know," Reyna spat. Pandora looked at her confused again.

"Deserve to know what?" she asked. "Am I in danger in some way? Someone attempting to kill me?"

"Yes and no. Well, Hades cursed you with paranoia when the gods were giving their gifts."

"How'd you know that."

Don't-

"Hera told me."

"Stupid woman. She made sure that when I came here I'd fall in love with the first single I saw. Which happened to be Will. I don't think we should be together anyways."

It's true love! Hera screamed.

"I heard that Hera," Pandora said.

"And umm... Khione cursed you on her fall to Tartarus."

"She did what?!"

"Made sure you could feel her presence wherever you are."

"That's why it feels cold. And I feel like eyes are watching me. And why I feel cold hands touching."

"You need to go with your mom," Reyna insisted.

"Well this is Hera it's coming from!" Pandora complained. "I might not be in danger of going mad."

I made a bad choice in sending Hera, another voice said.

Pandora groaned. "You're even worse Zeus."

The two gods materialised in front of them. "Well then I don't suppose your stepfather would be any better!" he boomed.

"He died!" she cried. "He died in a war!"

"Ignorant girl!" Zeus spat. Reyna wanted to tell Pandora to calm down a bit since she was risking Zeus wrath, but the cold, fiery, red look in her eyes told her that if she intervened, off with her head. Reyna pursed her lips together. "Put two and two together. Your mother never told you his identity to protect you. What were his last words to you?"

"'I can't stay with you, little girl,'" she muttered. "'I was sent by someone to check on you. I'm off to war. You'll learn who I am when you're older.' He always called me little girl."

"And you want nothing more than to see him again?" Hera asked. Pandora nodded stiffly. "Who else taught you all you knew about swords? Weaponry? Everything? The god knows everything to do with war."

"Wait," Pandora began. "A g-"

A red hot fire appeared in front of them, sending a searing heat towards them, cutting off Pandora. The two gods seemed unbothered by it. The flames dispersed, leaving a man in a leather jacket, muscle shirt, black pants and combat boots. On a typical day, those were the clothes Pandora would wear, replacing the muscle shirt with a loose fitting tank top. The had black hair and shades hiding his eyes.

"What?" Pandora said, terrified.

"You've grown," the man said. "I see your mother has taken good care of you."

"I'm confused."

"Well who else knows more about weapons?"

Reyna looked at this figure with a slight fear. He was different from his Roman counterpart. This one looked like he lived for blood. There was nothing he loved more than war, and possibly his children. Reyna knew who he was.

"A-Ares?" Pandora stuttered.

I'm making this more interesting than I intended.

So let's see, home or Britain.

British accents? Meh.

Tea? Blah.

Possibility of meeting the Doctor? IMMA GOIN!

~Erica