VI. Leo

"Hey, thanks again," Leo said to Carter and Sadie.

"No problem," Carter said. "Where did you say we'd find this 'celestial bronze'?"

"Somewhere over that hill," Leo responded.

He looked back at Calypso, who was taking care of Festus for awhile. She seemed unbothered by the heat, she spent her days in a tropical island which probably spent some days freakishly dry. That's where Festus had landed; right smack in front of these two Egyptians/New Yorkers. They said that Egyptian gods hosted their bodies; Carter had Horus or something in his bod, and Sadie had Isis, not to be mistaken with Iris.

"How does she stand this heat?" Sadie complained. She had this distinctly fading British accent. "I've been here longer than she has and she acts like it's nothing."

"Hey!" Leo said. "You can't blame the super hot immortal to be able to stand the heat! She could take me!" They stared at him, confused. "I have fiery powers that you shall not mess with!"

"Really?" Carter asked. Leo conjured some flames, and Sadie jumped away from him.

"Heh, I'm starving," Leo said. He looked in the bag that Calypso had filled with food and pulled out a bag of dried fruit crud. That woman was beautiful, but a health freak.

As Leo was popping a few of these things in his mouth, an IM appeared in front of him. Sadie and Carter were over the hill, so they didn't see anything. That girl Pandora and Nico were standing in the rainbow. Or rather, were the rainbow. "S'up guys!" Leo exclaimed.

"Not a good time," Nico said. "New Great Prophecy, more possibilities of death." He told him an extremely long prophecy that gave Leo a good invisible knock on the head and a huge headache.

"So, I'm part of this?" Pandora nodded. He popped some more dried fruit in his mouth. "And Carter and Sadie might be able to help us? And parts of the prophecy are missing? Fun."

"Guys?" a voice from behind them called out. "I figured out one of the lines." Annabeth materialized in front of him.

"Which one?" Pandora asked. Leo had never heard her talk before. She had this pretty voice, but it hit him like the wind, and Leo had a sudden urge to check if the wind was actually blowing.

"The third line," Annabeth replied. "It should say The flower's kin will join death. Two people have something to do with flowers. Aphrodite and Demeter. Either Piper will have to die for us-"

"Not happening," Leo shouted. Piper like was his un-biological sister. He couldn't lose her like she almost lost him.

"Piper isn't dying," Annabeth said. "Which leaves us with our next choice, Demeter. You know who her daughter is, right?"

"Katie Gardner?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "No, Persephone. Persephone is going to rejoin death, as in Hades. She rejoins him in September. Today is August 27. We have until the beginning of September to find Aphrodite."

Leo whistled. "Wow," he replied. "We'd better get going. Mind meeting me in Egypt?"

"Actually," Pandora said. "That's where the prophecy itself is going to be." Pandora explained her dream, and Leo lost her at "mom" since his own was gonezum.

"W-W-Wait!" Leo stuttered. "You're saying that you'll be cursed after you do something for your mom?"

"After I save her," she replied. "Were you listening?"

"Lost you for a moment, that's all."

"Okay," she said. He heard a crash come from the IM. "I guess we gotta go. Bye."

"See ya guys later," Leo exclaimed, happy that he'd soon be reunited with his friends. Carter and Sadie came back with some Celestial Bronze in bags. "So," Leo said. "Who's up for a Greek quest?"