XXVII. Reyna

"You stupid monsters!" Marcus yelled. "You made a promise that you wouldn't run until Khione was defeated! She can't be."

"Well she must be," Reyna said, marching over to him with Gwen and Dakota. "These two along with the rest of the Senate agree. You have will be tried for war crimes and attempted murder, and if you are found guilty, you will be sentenced to death."

"Khione will be back!" he yelled as he thrashed in their grip.

Reyna rolled her shoulder. The monsters seemed to have been wrapped in ice, making it difficult to kill them. She pulled her shoulder trying to dodge one, only to have it pull her arm out of her socket.

"Hey," Arthur said, bringing her in for a hug. "You okay?"

Reyna kept her hard, steady gaze upon the battlefield. Ten other demigods have given their lives, including Zandra. She never got the chance to say goodbye.

"They'll reach Elysium," she stated.

"Marcus is gonna be executed, right?"

"Most likely."

"I can't believe he liked you," he said, shaking his head.

"He's charming, I suppose," she replied. Reyna looked up at Arthur, who pursed his lips. "You know exactly what I mean."

"Reyna," a voice said. She turned around and saw Larry from the Senate. "Arthur. I, we, were hoping that you might accept our request."

"What is it?" Reyna asked.

"Well, although he is a mortal, he had a vision like you told me. When Percy... you know. He saw that. We were, uh, thinking, maybe, if you want to Arthur, that you could become New Rome's new augur?"

Reyna looked at him in shock, and she could tell Arthur was even more shocked than she was. "M-Me?" Arthur stammered. Larry nodded. Arthur looked down at Reyna, then back at Larry. He swallowed. "Man, this is awesome, but, um, am I allowed to go home and stuff?"

"If that's what you want," Larry replied. Arthur gave a small smile before nodding his head.

When Larry left, Reyna turned to Arthur. "You'd really do that for my camp?" Reyna asked.

He smiled. "Of course. It was for you, Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano."

"You finally remembered," she teased.

"Anything for my beautiful girlfriend," he replied, leaning down to kiss her.

Sorry for the short chapter!

Feels. Feels. Feels. FEELS WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS. I am like killing myself by creating this story, but it was quite worth it.

I hope you didn't silently kill me. If you did, stop reading, cuz the rest won't be published.

I'm kidding please don't stop reading.

Thanks! Tell your friends about this!

~Erica