Chapter 2: Wandering Souls

Frank was running down the hallway again, being chased by an unknown entity the same as the previous night, he reached the end of the hallway like always, he turned around and saw the entity, it wasn't the usual looming pitch black figure, it was the seemingly shadowy figure of Holo, with the glowing eyes and teeth. Frank shot up in his bed, another nightmare. He stood up and walked into his bathroom and began his morning routine. 

Frank finished brushing his teeth and walked out of the bathroom. What should I do now, there's a while till work Frank thought, at his old job he worked from 8 AM to 12 PM. He sat down in front of his computer I need to know what that shadowy Holo was  Frank typed 'Shadow Holo' into the search bar and pressed search, it came up with no results on the shadow, but it showed a news report from last year, the name caught his attention '4 kids have gone missing at Holo's Party Palace'.

Frank read through the news report, according to the local newspaper, 4 kids had gone missing in 'Holo's Party Palace'. This added to the total count, also in the news report, it mentioned another 2 kids that had missing a year before the other 4. Is it possible that the shadow Holo is a spirit? No, that's ridiculous  Frank knew that this thought was preposterous, but he couldn't get it out of his head.

It had reached 11:50 PM. Frank grabbed his flashlight and walked out of his apartment and into the hallway. He walked to the elevator and pressed the button, nothing happened.

"Right, the elevator turns off at 9 PM" Frank sighed and turned his head to the stairwell "Guess I'll have to take the stairs"

Frank started walking down the stairs, it was a long walk down. Frank lived at the top of his building. He finally reached the ground floor, his breathing was heavy, he was already puffed and he had to still make it to Holo's Party Palace. He looked at the clock, 11:53, Holo's Party Palace is 10 minutes away on foot, he had no choice but to try and run there. Frank stepped out the door and started to run down the street, when he reached the end of the street he took a sharp left turn down another street, it was a longer street than the last one. It was a silent night, all Frank could hear was the sounds made by his feet as he ran as fast as he could down the dim lit street. He stopped and turned his head to the right, and started running down the next street. When he reached the end of the street he turned to the left down the last street, he ran as fast as he could until he was outside of Holo's Party Palace.

Dan walked up beside Frank "Are you ok? You looked puffed"

Frank caught his breath "I had to run here, and I live 10 minutes away"

"Don't you have a car"

"Can't afford it" Frank took a few hurried breaths "I got fired from my last job, I would never take the interview otherwise, that Chris guy is shady"

"Yeah he is a bit shady, but, do you not have a bike or something"

Frank froze for a couple seconds My bike, I could've taken my bike here

Frank looked at Dan "Yeah, I do have a bike, I just forgot"

"Good job Frank"

"Thanks"

Frank and Dan walked into the office, Frank walked over to the camera panel and looked at the screen.

"The animatronics should of shut off at 8 PM right?"

"Yeah? What's your point Frank"

"Holo just moved" Frank looked back at Dan

"He did not" Dan walked over and looked at the screen

"See!"

"Moved? He's gone Frank"

"Say what now" Frank looked back over at the screen and his heart dropped