Chapter 6: Dan and Lucia

Dan was in 'Holo's Party Palace' it was completely empty, he wandered through the desolate hallways. It was damp and cold, the only light he had was his flashlight. He checked inside the office and there was still nothing, the whole camera system had been shut off. He walked out of the right side of the office into the hallway. He walked down until he saw the broom closet he and Frank had gotten trapped in. Dan opened the door and looked inside, the room seemed to be larger than before, and 3 metres away Frank was standing facing the wall. Instinctively Dan ran towards Frank, when Dan got 2 metres away he turned around and the floor behind Frank fell away as Frank fell too. Dan ran as fast as he could and reached out to Frank, but his hand fell short.

Dan's eyes snapped open and he shot up into a seated position, his breathing had gotten heavier.

Lucia was in an unknown house. She walked around for a couple minutes and then walked to what appeared to be the front door, there was a shirt with a badge on it, it read 'Dan' Lucia figured she must be in Dan's house. She put her hand on the handle to the door and pushed it down, the door opened to reveal an exact copy of the house on the other side. She walked into the copy side and continued exploring. On the copy side instead of a closet there was a stairway going down, it was dark with a single lightbulb hanging down. Lucia flipped the switch and walked down the stairway, at the bottom of the stairway there was a dark room, all she could see was Chris standing with a knife in his hand, and all she could hear was the dripping blood from that knife. In front of Chris there was a body, it became obvious to Lucia that this body was Dan. 

Lucia's eyes snapped open and she rolled off her bed. She lifted herself up into a seated position, her breathing had become heavy.

Dan got up out of his bed and walked into his bathroom, he looked at himself in the mirror for a few seconds and then started brushing his teeth and getting ready for work.

Dan arrived at 'Holo's Party Palace' at the same time as Lucia. They both walked in the door, they both looked at each other and figured that something was bothering the other.

Dan spoke up first "Are you alright Lucia? It looks like something is bothering you"

Lucia turned to Dan "Yeah, it's just that last night I had a nightmare of sorts, which doesn't happen often, and in that I saw your dead body with Chris standing above you"

"Oh wow, that's morbid"

Lucia spoke up second "Something looks like it's bothering you too"

"Yeah, last night I also had a dream, I watched Frank fall and I couldn't reach out enough to save him"

"That's also morbid"

Dan and Lucia walked into the office and mentally prepared themselves for this shift.

Lucia leaned against a wall "This should be normal right? We don't rely on Frank too much"

"I mean, it would be easier with him"

"What do you mean Dan, we've got this"

"Sure"

Dan was the one watching the camera's while Lucia watched the hallways, everything was going fine. Dan had all the animatronics whereabouts known to himself and Lucia.

Lucia looked over at Dan "See, I told you that we'd have no issue"

"Yeah, everything is going just fine"

Dan said this but truly he was more on edge without Frank, he was feeling significantly more anxious without Frank keeping everything upbeat, he would usually lighten the mood with a joke or two, he kept Dan calm. Lucia was doing fine, for the most part her and Frank didn't interact throughout the shifts, the only reason they sometimes interacted was if they needed something done.