Chapter 5: Frank

Frank was in the same void where he first met Simon. It was nothing but a blank space, the only thing in sight was Simon.

Frank looked at Simon "So is this gonna be a thing now? Am I not gonna have dreams anymore"

"Do you wanna beat Chris or not"

"I wouldn't really call it beating him"

"What do you mean? This is like classic hero and villain, you're definitely beating him"

"It's definitely not classic hero and villain, whatever that means, I'm just trying to make him pay for his actions"

"Like a hero would"

Frank sighed and looked straight ahead into the void "Sure"

"So how are you going to make him pay"

"Well I'm sure the police are dying to know who killed all those missing kids"

"and why will they believe you?"

"What? There's plenty of evidence"

"I'm pretty sure they'll just assume you're some insane jealous guy"

Frank turned back to him "Wow, thanks"

"Well you go and try and convince the police you're not insane"

Frank's eyes opened to the harsh white light again. He got out of the hospital bed and stood up, since his condition wasn't too bad he didn't have to stay for too long. He walked out of the doorway and down the hallway to the elevator but stopped Wait, it's probably closed He pulled out his phone to check the time 11:30PM as I thought it'll probably be closed He was about to turn around when someone walked up and pressed the elevator button. Frank got in the elevator alongside the stranger. The stranger appeared to be a doctor.

The doctor turned to look at Frank "So why did you wake up at this hour, it's unusual for a patient to wake up so late, usually they went to sleep not too long ago"

Frank looked at the doctor "Oh, I work a job that requires me to work from 12 to 6"

"Interesting, where do you work"

"I work at Holo's Party Palace, as a nightguard"

"Seems kind of redundant, I mean, they already have good security there"

Frank pondered on what would happen if he told the doctor what really happens "Never hurts to be extra secure"

The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. Frank waved goodbye to the doctor before walking out.

Frank walked out of the doors and out on to the street. The empty street was dimly lit up by the street lights. He started walking down the street, he put his hands in his pockets to warm them up as the 'Holo's Party Palace' nightguard uniform didn't keep him warm. As he walked down the last street he looked up at his apartment building, it loomed into the night sky, with lights shining outside of windows in random spots.

Frank used his key to unlock the front door, he opened it and walked inside the lobby, locking the door behind him. The lobby was the same as usual, except there was a large cardboard box I wonder what's inside that box He shrugged it of as it was none of his business. Frank started his climb up the stairs, going up the stairs was the only thing worse than going down them. When he reached his floor he decided to keep going up, and to sit on the roof and think in the dead quiet of the night.

Frank finally reached the top of the stairs and walked out the door. He could see the city clearly from the rooftop, all of the buildings stretching across the horizon. He walked up and sat down 3 metres away from the edge, staring out at the lights from all the buildings. He pulled out his phone and saw a message from Dan 'You shouldn't come to work today'