Make up (Hunter Bradley x reader)

Please check bio to see if requests are open before sending any in!

Request: (tumblr anon) Hi!! could you do a hunter bradley one where he is very nice and sweet to the reader who is also a ranger and whenever it's revealed he's one of the thunder rangers it takes her forever to forgive him when he comes back but he keeps trying to get her to forgive him and she eventually does? Thank you!

Prompt/summary: Hunter tries to make things right with the girl he hurt

Word Count: 1,012

A/N: I'm so sorry this is pretty short, schools been kinda crazy! But I hope you enjoy :)

For a moment, I wanted to believe I was hallucinating.

I wanted to believe that the two thunder rangers weren't in front of me, and that one of them wasn't the same guy that had brought me a flower last week to my workplace. The same guy who I was supposed to go on a date with.

The same guy who had stolen my sensei.

Even after we got sensei back, even after Hunter and Blake both promised that they would fight with us instead of against us, the pain of the betrayal still stung.

It was hard to handle. Every time I would see him I would get myself out of the situation as fast as I could to avoid looking him in the eye. But he was starting to get harder to avoid.

Thinking back on every single day we spent together, every single compliment and smile he threw my way stung.

I really thought he liked me, and that he wasn't just using me to get close to the rangers.

Hayley had hired the brothers to work at the shop. The same shop I worked at and spent most of my free time at. The thought of spending most of my shift in the same building as him made me sick to my stomach, but I knew I needed to stomach it for today.

Hayley asked me to manage the newest shipment of helmets and make sure everything was properly stocked for the week. I sighed as I opened the door to the shop, walking over to the radio to let music fill the empty store.

A tap on my shoulder made me jump, lifting my hand up to slap the hand away.

"Ow!"

I glared, "What are you doing here Hunter?"

"I... was scheduled to work today. Hayley said something about unloading a shipment-"

"I'm doing that today," I huffed, "Don't you have repairs to work on or something?"

Hunter rolled his eyes, "No... and we really have to make up if we're going to be on the same team-"

I felt my eyes prick with tears, I didn't even let him finish as I spun on my heel to head to the stockroom. The feeling of my chest tightening made me feel panicked. Panicked over the fact he had that much of an effect on me.

"(Y/n), we really need to talk about this."

I huffed, "What is there to talk about? That you lied to me and you're hiding a bunch of secrets from the person you wanted to date-"

"I never meant to hurt you," he said softly.

"Well you did," I bit back.

"Can you please forgive me?" Hunter reached out and took my hand gently.

I pulled my hand back to my side, "Maybe, but right now it still hurts."

Hunter didn't say anything else as we silently unloaded and stocked the shipment.

______

The next few days I avoided him. Training felt so suffocating. I stayed focused on the exercise and when I was done I left as soon as I could. Luckily no attacks had happened for almost two days so the Rangers and I were able to rest for our next battle. Everyone seemed to notice me drifting farther and farther away from the people I used to call my family, my best friends.

"(Y/n), you should really hear him out."

I huffed, throwing another punch at her she blocked effortlessly, "I did. And he never truly apologized."

"Did he really get the chance to? You've been avoiding him all week." She said.

She had a point, I sighed and dropped my fighting stance to put my hands on my hips.

Tori dug into her pocket, pulling out a note she put into my hand, "He asked me to give this to you. Just at least go hear him out. He hasn't been the same since you started ignoring him."

I looked down at the small piece of paper in my hand as Tori left me alone in Ninja Ops.

Meet me at our spot at 6:30, please I need to tell you something -H

I knew exactly where he meant. Our spot near the ocean.

It couldn't hurt, maybe he had something he wanted to say after all.

~~~

The rock was a special spot for the both of us. Before, we had sat here listening to the sound of the water crashing onto the shore, talking until the sun dipped below the horizon. I hadn't been here since he had revealed himself as the crimson ranger.

I checked my watch.

6:43

I glanced around. Hoping to see any sign of the blond before I decided to call it a night and head home. Where was he? He was the one that wanted to talk to me.

Finally after a few minutes I decided to walk back to my car, I slipped down off the boulder before heading back up the bank.

"(Y/n)!"

Finally.

Hunter caught up to me on the beach, his jersey was torn and covered in dirt and sand. In his hand was a beat up bouquet of flowers he held out to me with a nervous smile, "These... were supposed to be for you. I kinda crashed on the way here. That's why I was late and why these look so terrible-"

I smiled gently and took the bundle of pink roses, "They're lovely. Thank you."

"I'm really sorry. For everything."

"I know," I nodded, "I'm sorry I've been avoiding you."

Hunter put his hands in his pockets nervously, "I understand why, I know I really hurt you."

I looked up at him, seeing his eyes full of sincerity.

"If you would let me, I wanna make it up to you. Can we start over?"

I smiled, taking his hand gently, "I don't think I could ever stay mad at you."