Front Row Seat (Tommy Oliver x Sister!reader)

TITLE:  Front Row Seat (Tommy Oliver x  Sister!reader)

Prompt/summary: (Takes place in MMPR season 3, no specific episode) Tommy misses opening night that the reader thought he'd be there for.

Word Count: 1,865

Warnings:  none

Tommy Oliver is the most forgetful person on the planet.

Well, to his sister at least. From dance recitals to school plays Tommy had forgotten every one of them until last minute. He'd always tried to make it up to her, rather it be getting her flowers or fixing the piano in the house so she could finish her vocal lessons. He hated his sister being mad at him. It's not his fault after all being a power ranger and all. He tried his best to make every performance and event his sister participated in but Lord Zedd never seems to rest.

_______________

He was late. Again.

He told me he was going to pick me up from my rehearsal for the spring musical but here I am, still sitting after over an hour of waiting on him. I really shouldn't have expected anything else. Even my stage manager was skeptical about leaving me alone this late but I assured her that I would be fine and my brother was on his way.

Eventually anyways.

I gave up and pulled out my AP US History book. What kind of teacher assigns a three page homework assignment with essay questions? Eventually a two-door white mustang pulls up to the curb in front of me. I checked my watch, and he made it right at two hours.

Adam got out, flashing me a sad smile before pulling back the seat so I could get in the back.

"Hey (y/n)," Tommy said quietly as I got in the car.

I didn't say anything as I buckled up my seatbelt. Adam got back in the car and Tommy pulled out of the school's parking lot.

"How was practice?" Adam said, trying to make the silence less awkward.

"Good."

Adam frowned at Tommy for my short response.

"Look (y/n), I'm sorry I was late I was-" Tommy started.

"Practicing? Lost time while you were with your friends? Doesn't really matter. I should've just walked home," I cut him off.

Tommy went silent and kept driving. Adam's house slowly came into view and he flashed me a small smile as he stepped out of the car. Eventually Tommy popped a CD into the player, as he pressed play the sounds of my favorite Broadway musicals flowed through the speakers. I knew what he was trying to do but I really wasn't having it. He knew that the music would get me to let my guard down so he'd be able to apologize.

"Listen I'm sorry I was late. I promise I will be there tomorrow."

"It's whatever. And I won't need picked up till after the show tomorrow. You are coming right?"

"Would I really miss my little sister's opening night? You're gonna be the star of the show!" Tommy smiled.

I smiled slightly at his compliment. The streetlights went by slowly and before I knew it we were pulling up our driveway to our house. Our parents car was parked out front but their bedroom light was off.

I hopped out of the car and ran to the front door, my backpack swinging behind me. I kept my script tucked under my arm as I went upstairs to my room.

"Hey," Tommy said from the bottom of the stairs, "you know we're proud of you right?"

"Right," I said quickly before turning around and rushing into my room.