Locked In (Adam Park x reader)

(This was a request from my tumblr page @ carnationcreation)

She remembers the day very clearly.

It was a Tuesday afternoon, she arrived at the gym to work on a bar routine with Kimberly. After a about an hour the rest of Kimberly's friends sat at a table nearby watching the two girls practice.

"He's staring at you," Kimberly smiled at her friend, who blushed when she made eye contact with Adam Parks.

"It's because I'm doing a handstand on a balance bar Kim," she dismissed quickly.

Kim scoffed and rolled her eyes, "No it's because he thinks you're hot, and he told me that part so you can't deny it."

(Y/n) felt her cheeks grow hot as she slowly let herself down from the bar. Before she could respond Kimberly's watch beeped.

"Ope, sorry I have to go take care of something. Same time tomorrow?" she asked.

"Of course," (Y/n) said. They left as (Y/n) was grabbing her bag to go home. She began her 10 minute walk home when she was suddenly teleported in a beam of light to a strange building with a man in a glass case. And a talking robot.

Being told that she needed to become the purple ranger was not what she expected on a Tuesday afternoon. What confused her even more was that she wasn't allowed to tell the other rangers for a while. Zordon never explained it thoroughly so she didn't really understand why it had to be a secret.

The first time she officially suited up was when the rangers were sent to the planet Edenoi to help fight Count Dregon. (Y/n) was called in to help as Kimberly was sick and couldn't fight alone.  The pink ranger was very confused when a flash of purple showed up to battle.

Zordon came through her communicator, "Kimberly, the purple ranger is here to help you in this battle."

"Thanks Zordon," Kimberly said, she sneezed for the 100th time that day before turning to her new companion, "Hey so I'll try my best to help out but I really really hope you can hold your own."

"Don't worry about it, Zordon told me you were sick," (Y/n) said.

"I'm here to slurp and burp up Angel Grove!" the monster yelled.

"Yeah well you're making a big green mistake if you think that you can- ACHOO! Excuse me, where were we?" Kimberly said.

"We were just about to kick this green booger to the curb," (Y/n) said as they got into a fighting stance.

And with a battle yell they ran into battle.

The fight took a little longer than expected, but in the end the monster ended up catching Kimberly's cold and running away.

"Hey we did awesome!" Kimberly said, she turned around to try and talk to her new team mate but found no one there, "Huh, where'd she go?"

___________________________________

The alarm went off on her watch and (Y/n) morphed before being teleported into battle again.

Kimberly was already battling the monster when the purple ranger showed up. They dodged hits and played attacks off of each other. Working seamlessly as a team.

Soon enough the rest of the team showed up and (Y/n) couldn't be more relieved.

"We need thunderzord power, now!"

___________________________________

The battle of a rough one. (Y/n) shadowed Tommy in his Shogun zord so she could learn the controls, and Tommy was more than happy to help. The rest of the rangers were very confused to see a seventh ranger on the battlefield but after seeing her fight they were glad they had the extra help. By the end of it (Y/n) and the rangers were teleported back to the command center.