The Confrontation

AN: Harem has won by a long shot, so I will make it a harem, but I still won't make it the main plot of my story; at the end of the day, the main plot is the action. Do not worry, anti-harem readers, harem will be pretty small and will not majorly impact the story from what I had planned. At least give it a chance, perhaps you may end up liking it! If you skip this purely because of the harem, your loss.

Read, comment, review, follow, favorite, and share this story!

Discord link:

FFN: https : / / discord . gg / ZZcDxBcPTn

Wattpad: https://discord.gg/ZZcDxBcPTn

The Confrontation

Ascension of the Fallen: Chapter 12

Reyna sighed in frustration as her head plopped into the absolute stack of paperwork that she had yet to get done.

Being the praetor of New Rome was NOT easy. Her co-praetor, Mark, a son of Mars, did humongous amounts of work as well, but he was off on a weeklong break, leaving her working overtime just to get all the work signed.

The door opened, and the daughter of Bellona really didn't want to deal with whoever this was.

"Who is ITT??" she snapped angrily, lifting her head from the stack of papers as she blinked twice to get rid of her blurry vision.

Lupa let out a wolfish grin, slowly stalking over to Reyna's desk as the praetor rolled her eyes at Lupa's attempt at intimidation. She had long outgrown being afraid of the mother of Rome, unlike many of Rome's citizens.

"Irritated today, aren't you?"

"Yes, Lady Lupa," Reyna's head drooped in defeat and tiredness, "the senators argue all day, barely getting anything done, while I need to sign all this paperwork."

The daughter of Bellona gestured to the absolutely ridiculous amount of paperwork on her desk.

Lupa nodded in understanding before she stiffened dramatically, whimpering slightly.

Reyna's eyes widened in shock. Never had Lupa, the mother of Rome, and the notoriously scary wolf, been scared before.

She smelt real, raw fear from the wolf, and anything that could scare Lupa was surely not good.

"Wha-"

"Shhhh.... Terminus has informed me of a development on the Field of Mars. Let us move quickly, go, NOW!"

Reyna grabbed her spear and shield, quickly moving along side Lupa as they sprinted towards the Field of Mars.

Time skip

Reyna's hand flew to her mouth in shock while Lupa transformed out of her wolf form and into her human form, backing away slightly.

Twenty yards away from the field was him.

The former king of the gods, the one that went toe to toe with Saturn himself. The god who single-handedly defeated four titans, who outwitted Prometheus.

His feats of strength and honor were widely known across the mythological world. He was also overthrown. And he had been wronged by Jupiter himself.

They were told never to speak of him. Yet surely the gods could not have anticipated him, here, on the Field of Mars.

His aura of power was unyieldingly terrifying, causing both Reyna and Lupa to fall to their knees. The remaining curious spectators on the field fell as well, all being forced to kneel as he exerted his will upon them.