The Brawl of Gods

The Brawl of Gods

Ascension of the Fallen: Chapter 29

Perseus, the rightful king of the gods, moved forward with a warrior's gait, stalking his prey.

Onus, the king of the giants, and Perseus' sworn rival stood, leveling his spear at the god in challenge. The tip glistened gold and black with power.

Perseus was undeterred.

He moved forward, sending forth an intricate, weaving basket of rotating golden threads. Onus, king of the giants attacked, trying to slam his spear into the basket.

The resulting effect was deadly.

The basket's threads, formerly so intimidating and powerful, were torn apart promptly by the spear. Onus had moved so incredibly fast that it didn't seem like he had moved at all to the naked eye.

Still, Perseus, the fallen god, was undeterred. This fight was one of many for his ascension back to his rightful throne, and he wouldn't let one giant get in the way of it all.

He was stronger, and wiser now. More powerful than he had been in the previous millennia since he was born, and more potent than ever. He was sure that no one but the primordials and protogenoi themselves could stop him now.

Onus, his rival? He wasn't really a big enough of a threat to be his rival. He had no true rival.

-----

Thalia Grace watched with bated breath as Perseus approached the giant, who seemed to be his rival.

They engaged in fierce combat.

But not just them.

No, others joined in as well.

The other giants.

Each of the gods were only just barely able to keep one giant occupied, so there were inevitably other powerful giants left over.

Still, Perseus looked unafraid as they joined forces against him.

In fact, he was winning.

There were several seconds before the giants suffered damage.

The fact that the giants would lose this fight was something that Thalia could clearly see.

In terms of time, it was at most a minute or two.

Perseus was intrinsically physically faster than the giants.

He struck with incredible force and no hesitation.

He fended all of them off with a single sword.

Each time any of the giants made a single move, just a little bit, they started to lose their advantage in numbers.

That continued to repeat itself one time, three times, four times, five times.

While the giants were moving, they were digging their own grave.

It was their own funeral.

A little, again a little, they were gradually being cornered, although it seemed like they were winning initially.

Each time one of them received a powerful attack, they managed to counter it with their own power, but their stance collapsed just a bit.

Each time the giants went in to attack, they had the initiative reversed on them.

It seemed that they had no team or group coordination at all, causing them to be unable to fight such a superior opponent.

It was pure, innate ability.