Chapter 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

THE NIGHT DEEPENED, HURLING DARKNESS GREATER IN THE SKY

THE NIGHT DEEPENED, HURLING DARKNESS GREATER IN THE SKY. The two figures sat quietly inside the operating car with no idea of utterances that could be placed in mind. The wintry air of the night entered the window he kept open in order to lean his elbow against it, causing the cold air to nibble distastefully and graze their clothed skin surreptitiously.

Skimming straight ahead, his eyes were situated solely on the road, seizing and watching the endless lane, nearly unescorted by the presence of another car. Though with a question playing within his mind, the silence that lingers in the spaces breaks as his voice violates the dominion of quietness.

"Do you usually get into people's cars this quickly?" He asked, glancing over at her briefly.

The lovely scent of her body that the swooping air failed to embezzle faintly crammed the small space, entering into his flared nostrils.

Y/N was breathing heavily, the cold presence of the wind nestled in the nooks of her lungs. She sat beside him in stillness, rubbing her hands together unknowingly. Her eyes, settled by the window, had previously slowly shifted to glance at him briefly.

"No, not really." She breathed out. shifting her gaze back to the window and leaning her head against it. Although the influence was taking a toll on her, causing turmoil within to occur, it was surprising how she could still conceal it by having herself compose a facade of mere calmness.

Silence.

His grip tightened on the steering wheel, the veins in his pale hands bulging against his flesh. He, too, previously consumed a minimal amount of illegal influence while he was having a bragging conversation with his companion before he left in annoyance. And this influence that has been acting within him has caused him to pay additional attention to driving. Usually, he would also drive recklessly, though this time around, it baffled him how he was being careful as to not inflict any consequential incidents on both himself and her. It felt like there was a string of connections that earned him to be attentive to the encircling surroundings.

Closing her eyes, she furrowed her brows discreetly. Her breathing has been steady and heavy, as have her eyelids.

He laughed. "You know...you'll be in trouble if you do that sort of stuff. It's not really safe."

His hues glanced at her from time to time, discreetly observing her silhouetted form, barely lit by the artificial light they would occasionally pass. Her hair framed her exquisitely.

It was laughable, even, how her presence by his side made him quite calm and collected instead of his usual demeanor of being an individual that reeks an aura of being a lump of contumely and insolent.

Freeing a sigh from her parted lips, she heaved her hand, grazing her arm.

"I know..." Y/N spoke in a gentle voice, sounding mellifluous and angelic. "It's just that when you showed up... I felt like... I could, you know, trust you."

"Even when you don't even know my name?" He queried, smirking.

"Kindly tell me then," she laughed nervously, keeping her eyes closed. She realized that he held an undeniable truth to his words; she knew nothing of this man. However, this sense of imperilment quite appeals to her, especially when this peril holds a sense of safety lingering in its presence.

"Sanzu," he muttered. "Just call me casually by that name."

Silence.

❝So, where do you live?❞