Chapter 6, part 2

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

PATTERING...

Emi strides towards Y/n with beads of liquid dripping, presently soaking her entire physique that was battered by raindrops that continually plunging. The expression etched upon her face was molded with evident concern. Her brows stitched together with her damped lips twisted into an unpalatable line.

With every faint whisper of wind that grazes against the fabric coating her entire form, it was inevitable to feel coldness nipping deeper, initiating unrest. Sounds of footstep cluttering, her leaden footwear leap into the puddle that was formed on the ground and beneath her, creating a splash of liquid, though this does not concern her. Clasping the soaked printed fabric upward, unveiling her cnemis, Emi strives to allow herself to seize the saturated path extending before her with an intention burning extensively.

Thud...

"Y/n!" Exclaimed Emi, waving her hands above her. Her feminine yet somehow dour voice slices the air building between the distance separating her to Y/n. Her pace slowed, going to a screeching halt in front of the female whose hair hued was exquisite. Y/n was standing deserted in a daze underneath the weeping dull sky, left alone to endure her torturous thoughts. Catching momentarily her forfeited breath, Emi stretched her pair of hands that has been shuddering slightly onto the stiffened shoulder of Y/n.

Scrutinizing her deeply, Emi speaks, querying her. "What happened?"

She notices her eyes first. Like the lusterless atmosphere, timeless, festooned in depth. It was vacant, yet at the same occurring time, wielding vague stupefaction.

Emi was unable to properly understand, yet cope with the supposition that her friend's demeanor had significantly deteriorated, which gave Emi a niggling suspicion that some unappealing event must have occurred without her keen understanding, as she had previously lost sight of Y/n among the vast crowd of individuals honoring the polychromatic scenic beauty aloft. She was enthralled by the seductive allure of burning curiosity, desperate to sate the raging desire. Despite this, Emi respected the event's secrecy. She appreciates totally and utterly if she refuses to disclose the factors responsible for her unhappiness.

Dismissing everything that has been enclosing them for a fleeting moment, Emi succumbed herself unreservedly to the pair of spellbinding orbs wielded by the woman in front of her: her resplendent irises survive reflecting the lusterless sky. Emi was in dazed, and it appeared as if she had overlooked Y/n's action of timidly placing the side of her head on Emi's shoulder, prompting Emi to flinch and behave tense as a reaction to the unanticipated interaction.

"Y/n?" Emi called in a serene whisper, her voice drowned by the seemingly endless pitter-patter.

Y/n's drenched tendrils of exquisite locks cascaded down, streaming and framing Emi's shoulder.

Recouping from astonishment, Emi softly inched her hands upon the woman's figure. Wrapping her arms around her sulking frame and indulging her in an embrace, wherein the two of them shared the warmth that battled the coldness spiraling around their surrounding. Emi delicately places her palm on her back and strokes her in a regular up and down rhythm, seeking to relieve the agony and introduce ephemeral reprieve.

It saddens her greatly, seeing her in tears. Emi's frown worsened, the corner of her lips descending. Despite Y/n's strict prohibition, by far, on those noises, Emi's hearing did not have to work particularly tough to understand the whimper ascending and sob withdrawing from Y/n's throat.

"Tell me when you're fully prepared, and I'll always be here to listen," Emi enhances thoughtfully, her voice was full of sympathy while her hand was rubbing calming circles upon Y/n's back. "For the time being, let me take you home; if we stay here much longer, we'll both develop a cold—"

Emi's sentence was ended prematurely.

"I saw him..." Y/n began, attempting to make her words inaudible; nevertheless, her attempt was futile, since Emi heard it plainly as a bright summer sky. The blotted ink of his action bleeds into Y/n, invalidates her fibers, collapses her lungs. The sound of heartbreak was rather ethereal. Continuing the trailed response, she whispers further in a considerable woe, "I saw him...with someone else."

Silence.

The canorous notes of raindrops and their sluggish breathing wreathed them.

Emi stood there stuck with an utmost turmoil meandering her mind. Her attention faltered by her words, though not long after a flash of moments, Emi comprehended the significance of the words that had slipped Y/n's lips. She is quite aware of what she was implying. It's almost as though reading her right now is like reading a depressing novel aloud in a deserted room.

In a facetious sort of way, Emi felt compelled to tell Y/n that she had been completely right all along and that there is no denying she deserved a distinct recognition; the man Y/n had taken a liking to was suspicious enough in her impression when they first had their introduction to each other, though who would have guessed her suspicion would be substantiated correct, proving the man's recent action confided as a shred of evidence to support her burning and undying skepticism.

"That's alright; he had just proven he's unworthy of you," Emi grumbled as she freed Y/n from the consoling embrace she had provided, her fingers connecting with hers. "If it's good with you, you can talk this over with me, okay? My advice may be what you called worthless, but I'd be more than happy to provide some."

Y/n heaved a sigh, quietly bobbing her head in acknowledgment, battling the horrible knot in her gut and the disgusting constriction of her chest. "Tell me how it feels like to live without you again?"

❝Oh silly, you can't.❞

Don't forget to leave a vote to fuel inspiration!(・∀・)