letter six

Dear Sim Jaeyun,

You took me on a beach today. We run all the way up to the top of the lighthouse with your warm laughs filling the air.

The sun was setting by the time we arrived at the top and it looked beautiful to be seeing the end of another day making way for another night. The way to show us even if you're already gone, the earth was still going around in it's cycle of life.

I could see your pupils dilated at the magnificent view and the burning colors of red of orange reflected in your eyes, you grasped onto my hand tightly as I hold onto the railings.

Our arms touched and I could your energy going through me as we looked down at the people beginning to leave the beach down there one by one before a smile appeared in my face.

You told me my smile was beautiful and I flushed, wishing I could say the same for you.

I could feel the adrenaline rushed up to my body as you placed yourself behind me and took me in a back hug. I would never get tired of your touch, Jake, if you only knew.

It felt as if it was new everytime, I didn't know why you hold me for so long but I didn't bother asking. I knew it had something to do with the nearing end of the school year.

The fated leave of his family will never be stopped, and with them, they would bring him like the plane that can take him away from me forever.

So we stood there for a while as the colors changed drastically from the sky as the sun turned from orange to a red and to a light blue until it was no longer in sight and the moon took over the still world around the two of us.

That's when you placed your head into the crook of my neck, and you began to cry. Tears rolled down to your cheeks, I looked over at you and shifted my body to face you as I wiped them, but you were trying to smile for my sake.

You had tears of sadness as they continued to fill from your eyes as if you have been holding them for a long time.

"I'm leaving, Y/N. My family is leaving for good. I don't know when I would see you again"

I pulled you closer as your tears fell the same time it did for me, it felt like we were two storms that were forbidden to each other and the way we become one that day, all we ended up doing is showering tears against the fate that was unforgiving.

It felt like we were standing in the middle of the harsh downpour as the sun passed by us and it seems we'll never see the rainbow.

"But I already love you, Jake", you heard me saying before you cupped my face and brought your lips towards mine, it wasn't aggressive, it was passionate.

As if you were pouring all the feelings you have to say goodbye in that kiss once you leave me alone here in Brisbane.

I asked then why you liked me, and you didn't answer. I asked you asked again and you told me because I made you feel like the characters in a book, living in a fantasy for you would never want to face the reality.

I asked you what was so bad in your reality and this is what you told me that brought me into tears again.

"Because in my fantasy, you would forever be in my side and in the reality, you will disappear"

And this all I can say that bring forth back tears in your own face.

"I would do everything if you could stay"

So there we stood, face to face, with a never ending tears in our eyes as the night fades into black.

Not another word of your departure, but of those eight letters leaving our mouth.

Sincerely yours,
Y/N L/N