note four

Dear Diary,

Today was probably the worst day I've had in a while.

I was rushed to the emergency after my blood pressure went up drastically and it is one of those worst night where I have to watch my family slowly crumble into a crying mess before me.

On the whole ride there, as everything is aching all around my body, I almost didn't hear them begging for me to keep fighting on the pain. To never ever close my eyes on them, but that's what I did from feeling like my skull would break right then in half.

I was carried down a stretcher and once I got there, I felt tubes and dextrose surround me at once. Instantly they placed something on my thumb to keep track on my heartbeat and a plastic tube in my nose to keep me breathing.

I hated every second of it, instantly all I could smell and feel is the permeating atmosphere of the hospital which is maybe the cause for me to be lulled into a sleep.

When I woke up, my doctor told me my sugar intake is high and she asked me if I had anything too sweet for my health.

I told her the truth since it's valentine, I accepted the one Jake is giving out to the whole class.

She then placed a crucial dietary restrictions on me, and even warned that if I didn't follow it again, she would suggest for my family to never let me go in school again.

That would be a nightmare, so I accepted it.

Surprisingly in the next day, Jake came to check in on me and he said sorry about the chocolates, that it was his first time making it, so he could not measure how much sugar was in it.

It's so nice of him, isn't it? He apparently asked why I was brought to the hospital from our adviser and she basically lied to him by saying it's just a genetically inherited diabetes from my family, so he couldn't get an idea that it's something worse.

I'm not allowed to leave for the rest of the day and my family, upon seeing I have a visitor, recognizing he was the same reason I was pressuring them to stay at school, they had chosen to leave me alone with Jake.

To my shock, Jake really stayed with me. I told him about the perspective I have about the universes connecting to fates and people in this world. He never told me that it was cheesy, but it was clever of me to think about it even.

"I mean, imagine a modern representation of sun and the moon, though they don't know about it, of course. That the cursed gods is now among us in their reincarnated form. But even in this lifetime, they will be forbidden to be together, because their fate is never tied at each alternating dimensions"

That's exactly what I told him and all I received is a smile from Jake that I couldn't understand.

Until he said, "But there's an afterlife waiting for us there, isn't that what the bible says?"

I can't very well say to him how after that day, I'll be out of the hospital and these tubes can go. My heart will still continue for him.

But right then, as he finally said goodbye, I felt a bit weak. Possibly from all the drugs injected into my system. Tommorow will be better, I hope!

God only knows how much I still wished to wake up the next morning.

Sincerely Yours,
Y/N L/N