the lucky-part (oh look she's alive??)

Chloe couldn't help but roll her eyes. He was showing off. Again.
But everyone seemed to understand that even though she seemed annoyed, she was supressing a smile. Hell, even Lucifer could see it from the opposite of the crowded room, she understood, as she saw him chuckle slightly.
It was Friday night, and Lux was packed with people. Chloe suspected that even more were waiting in line outside the club. The sound of piano and a man's voice filled the room. Lucifers voice. His hands danced over the piano, and his soft voice sounded heavenly. Chloe didn't really know the song, but she'd heard him play it several times before. She suspected it was his go-to song when he aimed to impress others. She didn't mind. She loved to listen to him play, mostly because she could see how happy it made him.
His eyes met hers as he kept playing on. I love you he mouthed between the words he sang. A familiar sense of warmth spread through her body as she smiled and mouthed back to him. Love you more. He just shook his head slightly and gave her a gentle smile. With that, it was like everyone around them disappeared, and the only people left in the room was them, on opposite sides of the elegant dance floor. She stood like that for a long time, just staring at him as he played.

The night went on. Maze poured her a drink, and Chloe sat by the bar for a while, just chatting with her. She didn't realize that the music had stopped before she felt some well-known hands around her waist. Lucifer kissed her cheek lightly from behind, and she turned around to catch his eyes.
"I forgot to tell you how gorgeous you look tonight," he said, almost seductively.

As he smiled, it happened again; everyone else in the room disappeared. That was, at least, until Maze spoke.
"Will you two ever stop doing that?"

Chloe laughed.
"As if you and Eve are any better." She waved a hand towards the beautiful woman on the dance floor. "You've been staring dreamingly at her all night."

She could have sworn Maze blushed. Maze. Blushed.

Then she smiled. "Maybe I should go join her."

Chloe laughed again as Maze left. Lucifer's hands were still around her waist, and he was smiling down at her.
"Do you want a-" she didn't finish the sentence. In fact, she couldn't, because Lucifer's lips were suddenly on hers, and the kiss made her unable to speak. This was something he had started doing recently; kissing her in the middle of a sentence, rudely interrupting her, as if he couldn't keep himself away. It was one of those things that would earn him an irritated look, but it was obvious to everyone around her that she didn't really mind. Quite the opposite, honestly. She adored the way he made her feel so incredibly special.
His eyes turned gentle. "Are you sure it's not too crowded in here?"
His voice was laced with genuine worry. Her eyes swept the room. There were people everywhere. Normally, she didn't like the thought of the big crowd, but it was something about this night, about the weight of his hands still around her waist, that made her shake her head.
"I'm fine." she said, and meant it.

He gave her a reassuring look, before his eyes turned slightly seductive.

"If not, we could always go upstairs and engage in more... private activities."

Her toes curled at the thought. But, as tempting as it was, Chloe shook her head.

"You're lucky I love you, because you are shameless," she said with a chuckle.

He gave her a wicked grin.

"Let me know if you change your mind."

She watched his handsome face carefully, and thought to herself that the whole changing-her-mind-thing was a very real possibility.

He watched her as she spun around on the dance floor, for once releasing herself. He watched the way her hair cascaded over her shoulders and floated down her back. She had let it grow considerably these past months, and the length suited her.
He hadn't lied when he told her she looked gorgeous. To be fair, she was always gorgeous, but there was something about her this night, her confidence, a slight glint in her eye, that made him wonder if he had found something ethereal. She wore an elegant black dress reaching just above her knees. The back of the dress was open, revealing her perfectly toned back. Gorgeous was probably an understatement. He thought about what she had said earlier. You're lucky I love you because you are shameless.

She was probably right about the whole shameless thing.

He had no doubt she was right about the lucky part.

Authors note (kind of an important one

New series?
Ok so I've had some problems writing recently bc honestly, I'm not a very creative person. Most of my one-shots are inspired by songs or my best friend comes up with them and I write them (with her permission ofc). So I was wondering if y'all would be interested in a series called "writing Deckerstar into my favourite tropes"? that would just be a lot of au's and fluffy one-shot's ranging all from one-bed-trope to who-did-this-to-you-trope to rain kisses. So yeah if you're interested, please comment either just a simple yes, or some tropes you'd like me to include <3

Lucifer s6 spoilers below!
I also binged s6 with my best friend on release day, and I've been a wreck ever since. Honestly this season, and especially the ending was so heartbreakingly beautiful, incredible, meaningful, and just overall so perfect and all I could've ever dreamed of. I can't wait to write some more one-shots based on family heaven-hangouts and Deckerstar secretly meeting.

See u soon.

-Piper