I honestly have no idea what to call this one-shot

Hey it's me again! This was originally just gonna be a short update on my life and plans for this fanfic but since I've been so incredibly bad at updating this fanfic I decided to give y'all some content:)

So this is a one-shot I wrote like in March last year, but I never posted it bc I didn't rlly like it, BUT I feel like it's better than nothing🥰 So read if u want and then the update is at the bottom:)

-also keep in mind that this was written long before s5 came out😘
***

"It's Lucifer isn't it?"
Dan was standing right in front of Chloe, seeing right trough her attempts to tell him she was fine.
"Yes, but not the way you think-" Dan rolled his eyes and slammed his hands in the table.
"It's been two freaking months Chloe. You can't just walk around here, pretending nothing is happening. How can you still protect him?" Chloe sighed, and once again tears started forming in her eyes.
"It's- it's complicated."
Dan rolled his eyes again.
"Honestly, Chloe, you can't keep holding on to that dick."

"What dick?" Someone said.

Chloe froze. She was 100% sure she had heard his annoyingly British accent. But she couldn't be right. He couldn't be here.
Chloe turned around.
And there he was. His devilish grin on his face, walking into the precinct as if nothing had happened.
"Hello detective!" Lucifer said.
Chloe got to her feet. But Dan was faster. He rose from his chair, got right to Lucifer, and slapped him. Hard.

"Bloody Hell!" Lucifer said. And then he smiled again. "Now, Daniel. What's the reason for this inappropriate behaviour? We wouldn't want to start a fight, would we?"
Dan turned red. "Chloe- you- you"
"Lucifer!" Chloe interrupted the two men. What the he- heck was he doing here?
"Detective," Lucifer said, in his old Lucifer-y way. But Chloe could see something changing in his eyes when he looked at her. It was barely noticeable, but it was there.
Chloe looked back at Dan, who seemed like he was ready to give Lucifer yet another punch.
"Dan. Calm down."
Dan looked at her.
"What? How can you possibly-"
"I'll explain later" she said, trying not to think about what she would say. Instead she turned to Lucifer. "Can we talk?"

They borrowed Ella's office. Ella had a day off, so they locked the door, and once they got in, the smile on Lucifers face faded. Chloe looked at him. Her whole body screamed that she needed to get into his arms. She needed to kiss him. Feel him. But she resisted. "What are you doing here?" She asked instead, her voice still a little shaky. Lucifer looked down. "I was here to collect some rebellious demon soul." He said. "And I couldn't not check on you." Chloe couldn't resist it anymore. She threw herself into his arms, and put her arms around him. Lucifer almost seemed surprised at first, but then he hugged back. And when she looked up, he kissed her gently.

Of course she knew he'd have to go back. Of course she knew that this would only make it all 1000 times worse. But there, with his arms around her, she didn't care. Lucifer was here. Lucifer was safe. One night, or even just a few minutes in his arms would be worth every single second of unbearable pain that came afterwards. Because she knew. She knew she loved him with every single part of her body. Her soul. Her heart. She loved him with every shivering breath and every falling tear. She loved him with every aching body part and every single thought. How could she not?

"I've missed you." Lucifer said softly. Chloe felt the tears threatening to come again. "I've missed you too." she just replied, and swallowed the unspoken words.

***

Okay so here comes the boring part of the chapter😘

I am working on a one-shot atm but I honestly don't have much time to write. My goal is to post this new one-shot by the end of February and then post at least one one-shot every month I think? the thing is just that I am at my most important semester of school now so I have to focus on that too.. buut I have winter break in two weeks so maybe I'll write a lot then, and just post one every week till I run out? Idk I'll figure it out and update u, but I just wanted to say that I won't be leaving Wattpad or anything, so y'all are still stuck with me😘

Also I changed my insta username so now it's @/evrmores! If ur from Wattpad I would love it if u message e and tell me that🥺

I hope y'all are staying safe and doing okay, and just remember that if u don't (or if u do and just want to talk) my dms are always open, both here and on instagram (I would recommend instagram as I respond faster there, I also have a tik tok u can contact me on (@/tayisclean))